Indian ringneck aggressive

Sofia

Dec 28, 2021
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Hi everyone !
I really hope that someone can help me .
I got my one year old Ringneck 3 days ago first day he was so cute and friendly we got to be very good friends . The second and the third day he started to be so agressive he lets me touch his head but everytime I put my hands before him to step on it , he bites me very aggressively. This is my first bird and honestly I don’t really know if this is normal or it there something that I have done wrong?
He is too quiet , if I put on some ringneck noises he might whistle a little bit e stayes in one place the whole day I only put him in his cage at night he is free all day to move as much as he wants but he doesn’t.
I am really stressed and confused .
He moved twice He spent 8 months at one house than he moved out for 1 week and than I got him .

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Is he only this way when you try to pick him up in his cage? He could be territorial; if he is you may have to train him to step up onto a perch from his cage.

OP
S

Sofia

Dec 28, 2021
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Is he only this way when you try to pick him up in his cage? He could be territorial; if he is you may have to train him to step up onto a perch from his cage.
Yes , he knows how to step on he did it once, he steps on for a few minutes than he flies back to his place . And than when I reach for him again he tries to bite me very aggressively .

Most Reactions

Latest posts