Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I hope you can find Jeff and bring him back home. You’ve got by lots of good suggestions; I can’t think of better to tell you. Hang in there! Also maybe you could have an announcement at your church that your bird is missing? Or put up a sign on the bulletin board?
My mom said once she gets back(Tommorow) we will print fliers.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Don't lose heart, Pipp. Many birds are returned home days, weeks, sometimes even months after being lost. I know it's hard, but you've got the word out that he's missing, and someone may have already taken him in and could be actively looking for his family. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that Jeff is being kept safe, and that he can still find his way home to you ❤️

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
The weather is terrible, strong wind, heavy rain... please be safe, Jeff😥
I'm so sorry to hear you still haven't found him. If it gives you any reassurance, just know that budgies are EXTREMELY hardy. As long as Jeff isn't so terrified that he won't rest, he will probably survive at least 4 days, and if he eats, he could survive much, much longer, even if he only eats a little a day.

I really hope you find your little one ❤️

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Me too!!!❤️ i just really don't know what to say

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
A bunch of people walked around looking for him...... I'm concerned 😔

Having a pet die is sad. But at least you know what happened. Having a pet escape.. you don't know if it's alive or not. It brings so much anxiety.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
ohhhhhhh i understand i feel so bad i am always praying for jeff to safely return to his loving and caring home ❤️.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Right now I am on a 3 day trip and we live in a house whose owners have birds too. In the past they had an accident - the woman was moving the big cage outside and then its bottom part was dropped and all the birds escaped. 2 or 3 of them came back.
This story reminded me about Jeff... I whish you to find him.❤️

KBEquine

May 19, 2011
South-central PA
Parrots
From little to big - currently 6 Linnies; 2 Budgies; 1 BHP; 2 CAGs; 2 Zons; 1 GWM. Formerly in the flock: 1 LSC2 [fostered/rehomed] RIP: 1 budgie 1 WCP & 1 sweet Pan Am
Don't give up yet - some escapees don't go far and are afraid to try to come home until they are really hungry, which is about 3 days later. If you can put a cage outside with food, he may find his way home. If there is a safe way to put someone from his flock outside in a cage, that could help, too. Best of luck.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If the weather is that lousy, I’m not surprised you haven’t seen him. He should be hunkered down in some foliage or under the eaves of a house.

When it is windy and possibly wet, birds really hide out to conserve their warmth.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
If the weather is that lousy, I’m not surprised you haven’t seen him. He should be hunkered down in some foliage or under the eaves of a house.

When it is windy and possibly wet, birds really hide out to conserve their warmth.
That was our thoughts, in bad wheather he'd be hiding for warmth and safety.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow sends you a cuddle.
4ECC81DD-77BE-4699-84B8-37278ECF10C0.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts