Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm a bit 💔 today, missing li'l Jeff. I hope he's OK out there and comes back home soon... it's been 6 days:(.

Dear Jeff, I miss you, and so does your flock. If you don't come back, I will not replace you. I am still waiting for you. It is a dangerous place out there, not meant for a little budgie. I hope you're still alive. Come back home soon, OK?

I don't even know where to search:( I want to post more flyers, but I haven't got to it yet...
Oh Pipp, I pray that Jeff comes home soon. I'm sending prayers every day, and wish I lived close to you so I could help search.

Jeff, please come home to your Mama where you belong.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Start in a spiral from your house just walking and calling and budgies sounds. Start at last sightings something spiral out.

After first panic flight they usually stay out in one area . Usually less than a mile from escape point. It only takes about a half hour to cover a mile walking. Or you can bike slowly.
Look high. Iften will perch as high as can

Most people give up too soon. Nows the time to make a big push and search
Thanks Laura.
Could you check the neighborhood for bird feeders or likely places and note where they are? Then go back and visit those places? Or maybe leave contact info in case someone sees Jeff (that they would call or email you/ your parents)?
The flyer has contact jnfo on, I just removed it when showing it here for my safety.

We have let everyone possible in our neighborhood know about Jeff on community groups and stuff, I even posted some flyers. Thanks for the advice :)
Oh Pipp, I pray that Jeff comes home soon. I'm sending prayers every day, and wish I lived close to you so I could help search.
Thanks for the continued prayers..

Maybe you can check on FB/IG/Twitter for found birds in my area and forward links if you found Jeff, if you want to what you can to help?(I shared my city in PM with you) It's better than nothing..

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanks Laura.

The flyer has contact jnfo on, I just removed it when showing it here for my safety.

We have let everyone possible in our neighborhood know about Jeff on community groups and stuff, I even posted some flyers. Thanks for the advice :)

Thanks for the continued prayers..

Maybe you can check on FB/IG/Twitter for found birds in my area and forward links if you found Jeff, if you want to what you can to help?(I shared my city in PM with you) It's better than nothing..
I will absolutely do that!!!!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
We are going to search for him at evening.

................................................................................

I see a lot of sources recommending letting your local police stations know about your bird's escape, but if the police in my area rarely arrest people for murder, stealing, etc., why will they care about a bird?

And the pet stores here aren't so good... I'll need to find some OK ones... but that doesn't really exist here.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Should 8 bring John and Griffen along to tempt Jeff to come down? He really loves them

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I am just so frustrated. Every time we're supposed to go look, something happens and we have to postpone it. How am I supposed to find Jeff this way??🙁

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I am just so frustrated. Every time we're supposed to go look, something happens and we have to postpone it. How am I supposed to find Jeff this way??🙁
I can imagine how hard it must be! Sending virtual Hugs out to you **HUGS**.

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi have you tried dropping lost and found posts or stuff in mail boxes in your Nayborhood and street block and get other people on the lookout for jeff too 😀 and put posters on telephone post 📫 and on Facebook for your area just some ideas and why you tryputting bowl of his favourite foods outside if he wonders back

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi have you tried dropping lost and found posts or stuff in mail boxes in your Nayborhood and street block and get other people on the lookout for jeff too 😀 and put posters on telephone post 📫 and on Facebook for your area just some ideas and why you tryputting bowl of his favourite foods outside if he wonders back
Hi Miamax, I have dropped it in some mail boxes and plan to do so today, and I plan on asking friends/family to post flyers in their neighborhoods as well. We alerted community groups, neighbors, made alerts on lost and frounds websites and FB groups. I will add some millet in the cage outside, I was unable to due to rain. Thanks for the suggestions.

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi Miamax, I have dropped it in some mail boxes and plan to do so today, and I plan on asking friends/family to post flyers in their neighborhoods as well. We alerted community groups, neighbors, made alerts on lost and frounds websites and FB groups. I will add some millet in the cage outside, I was unable to due to rain. Thanks for the suggestions.
Hi if it raining 🌧 lately Jeff might have been hiding out in a tree 🌳 somewhere drying to keep dry untill it stops so he doesn't get wet 8s it summer or winter where you at my budgies i had never like shower much unless it water bottles

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi if it raining 🌧 lately Jeff might have been hiding out in a tree 🌳 somewhere drying to keep dry untill it stops so he doesn't get wet 8s it summer or winter where you at my budgies i had never like shower much unless it water bottles
The rain has stopped now.

It is winter. We usually get a lot of rain in winter.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
We are gonna go look for him now...
20220605_142329.jpg

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
How do you know when to draw the line? He's been gone for over a week, no sign of him. Family members are asking me, when is it time to accept he's gone?

I miss him. I miss him today more than I did yesterday, and I'll miss him even more tommorow.

Jeff, please come back!

Most Reactions

Latest posts