Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello, I am new to this forum as of today.
I found your feed and My heart is truly aching for you. Has Jeff come home? I spent 5 days in the woods-rain, wind storm, below 40 temperatures when my Amazon flew away. Thankfully, persistence paid off in my story and it ended well and I was able to bring him (Rusty) home. DON"T give up hope! Miracles happen. So much great advice in the feed responses. Prayers to you all for caring so much!
Thanks. He has not returned sadly.
This last paragraph is VERY IMPORTANT. There is an avian influenza outbreak, among other things, which would be very dangerous to your birds at home. So if you found Jeff he would need to be quarantined from your other birds and preferably checked by an avian vet. Otherwise your whole flock would be in danger.
I do not think Avian Influenza is here in SA. Though, a lot of other diseases are, so if found, I will quarantine him for a few months and have him see a vet.

On the 28th we are leaving for holiday and I really do not want to go. What if Jeff comes back? I'll have to tell the person who is caring for them what to do. We'll probably have to contact our cousins and ask them to take Jeff to an avian vet.

Unfortunately I have to accept I can't put my whole life on pause because Jeff is gone. It is hard, but it's true. I wish I could do more.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanks. He has not returned sadly.

I do not think Avian Influenza is here in SA. Though, a lot of other diseases are, so if found, I will quarantine him for a few months and have him see a vet.

On the 28th we are leaving for holiday and I really do not want to go. What if Jeff comes back? I'll have to tell the person who is caring for them what to do. We'll probably have to contact our cousins and ask them to take Jeff to an avian vet.

Unfortunately I have to accept I can't put my whole life on pause because Jeff is gone. It is hard, but it's true. I wish I could do more.
I think you should go on that holiday. Inform everyone beforehand what happens if he is found. That way they will know what to do.
You have done as much as you possibly can and I really feel you should go on holiday and try to enjoy it. Having fun doesn't mean that we love them any less, it can be in honour of them because they made us happy.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I believe in Murphy's Law. This is a rule that "Anything that can go wrong, will." Real-world applications: if you bring your umbrella, it won't rain. As soon as you ask someone if they have your thing, you will find the thing. So I cut to the chase. If we need rain, I leave my umbrella home. If I want a sunny day, I carry my umbrella. Maybe as soon as you leave for vacation, Jeff will come home. This would be a GOOD thing!

Jb12

Oct 22, 2020
Oh no, I am so sorry this happened but check each day around your home, he might come back or be in a tree nearby, ask neighbors to watch and see if they have seen him, good luck huney, my bird a gcc flew off my shoulder and within a few minutes he flew back into our garage and landed on our outdoor refrigerator top, dont give u yet, al my prayers😱😢♥️👌

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Oh no, I am so sorry this happened but check each day around your home, he might come back or be in a tree nearby, ask neighbors to watch and see if they have seen him, good luck huney, my bird a gcc flew off my shoulder and within a few minutes he flew back into our garage and landed on our outdoor refrigerator top, dont give up yet, al my prayers😱😢♥️👌
Everytime we go out of the house I look for my boy, hoping I can see him. I wish I could go search everyday for him, but I can't go alone since it's too dangerous :( And my parents don't always want to go.

Briburd

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2021
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Mojito the green cheek conure
I don’t know if you get on tiktok at all but there is a whole side of tiktok for lost and found birds! I stumbled upon it looking at bird tiktok and I thought of Jeff! If anything it might give you hope/comfort to see all the posts of people finding birds and caring for them.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I don’t know if you get on tiktok at all but there is a whole side of tiktok for lost and found birds! I stumbled upon it looking at bird tiktok and I thought of Jeff! If anything it might give you hope/comfort to see all the posts of people finding birds and caring for them.
Hey, thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately I don't have Tik-Tok. I do occasionally check FB, my mom does on a daily basis since she has the app.

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
🌟 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽〘F Lutino Budgie〙🌟
✈️ 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙧〘M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakariki〙✈️
Put his cage outside with the door open with his favorite food/toy in it. There's a chance he'll come back to it.

We did this before with our conure and it worked...the first time. Yeah, second time, we weren't so lucky, though... :\

I really wish I would have seen this sooner... This happened a month ago? :(

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I keep checking back to see if you've found him. I once found a parakeet over 20 miles from his home. He was flying with a flock of starlings. I found his lost post on craigslist and contacted the owners with a photo and where I s a w him. Do not give up ... post everywhere. People when they find birds most of the time think the owner released the bird into the wild. Post anywhere and everywhere

Last edited:
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
52 days. That's how long you've been gone. My heart is broken, and my eyes have done lots of crying. Jeff, when is the day you come back? Please come back. Not a day goes by where I don't miss you. I love you forever, and will pray for the day I get that call from someone who fond you, or the day you land in my shoulder. I eagerly await that day, but it seems more and more unlikely as the days go by.

Love you, feathered child. This was the last pic I took of him:
20220527_173921.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Pipp, I can't believe it has already been that long:(
Jeff, it's time to come home and dry your Mama's tears, Sweet Boy.
I'm still praying every day that today will be the day when you are reunited. Sending hugs of comfort to you.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
It's been two months 💔😥

Jeff has been missing since 28th May 2022. If you or anyone you know has spotted Jeff or know anything, please DM me. I am located in East Cape province.
117913.jpg

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I have come to accept that he is not coming back. I know, there is a chance, but it's so unlikely. All the people I spoke to got their birds back in a few days to a few weeks, and my bird hasn't even been spotted. He will forever be in my heart.

I admit, I have almost zero hope. I don't think he is coming back. We will still check online for posts of Jeff, but I am not going to carry this burden anymore.

I pray Jeff comes back, and if he doesn't, that he will be safe and that if he was found, that his new owner will try their best to care for him.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Jeff, I'm really sorry I gave up. I didn't want to. It's just hard to believe you're still out there and that I'll find you :(

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Oh my gosh, it's raining outside, and I heard a budgie! 99% sure! I hope it's Jeff, and if not, that I can help whoever bird it may be.

Even my Mom heard it! So I'm sure it's not an illusion.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm hearing it again! I'm calling it, and I'm standing outside(barefoot and in the rain) hoping to see the bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts