so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I was laying on the couch and Bingo was sitting on my chest inches away from my face sleeping.
All of a sudden 2 things happened at about the same time.
Bingos toes on both feet curled inward (like he was trying to grip something) and he lost his balance and fell into my face.
He must have had a dream, maybe he thought he was falling (I have had those sorts of dreams before).
Bingo takes naps on my chest frequently, but this has never happened before.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I was laying on the couch and Bingo was sitting on my chest inches away from my face sleeping.
All of a sudden 2 things happened at about the same time.
Bingos toes on both feet curled inward (like he was trying to grip something) and he lost his balance and fell into my face.
He must have had a dream, maybe he thought he was falling (I have had those sorts of dreams before).
Bingo takes naps on my chest frequently, but this has never happened before.
Maybe he fell asleep and then fell forward?
I wonder if birds ever have dreams of falling?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Amazons and near, if not all mid to large Parrots dream. I am not sure of small Parrots, more because of not being in a position of close observations.

What dream or other event occurred is near impossible to determine, but it would be of help if you could provide what followed. Yes, likely felt into your face, but was he quickly, fully mobile, or a bit slow /stiff? Really hanging close by, or playing big, strong guy; I was just check your response time, nothing to see here!?!?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Maybe he fell asleep and then fell forward?
I wonder if birds ever have dreams of falling?
No, I really do not believe that they have dreams of falling as those, which are fully flighted or had been would switch their dream to flying.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Amazons and near, if not all mid to large Parrots dream. I am not sure of small Parrots, more because of not being in a position of close observations.

What dream or other event occurred is near impossible to determine, but it would be of help if you could provide what followed. Yes, likely felt into your face, but was he quickly, fully mobile, or a bit slow /stiff? Really hanging close by, or playing big, strong guy; I was just check your response time, nothing to see here!?!?
I can only guess but I think he was a little bit .....surprized.
Like if you fall asleep someplace unusual, when you wake up it takes a bit to figure out where you are.

And Bingo can't fly and he kind of knows it so falling is a real possibility for him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts