Myers or Brown Headed

Well in California, they usually want a kidney for just about anything. The price differs from area to area. Breeders in my area (central Florida) usually charge $350.00-$400.00 for a Senegal. You can usually find them for less on Craigslist from backyard breeders and also if you don't mind hand feeding them yourself, I've seen them go for $250.00-$300.00. But I don't recommend hand feeding unless you know what you are doing.

I can speak of Brown Heads, that is a rare bird in my area.

Well in California, they usually want a kidney for just about anything. The price differs from area to area. Breeders in my area (central Florida) usually charge $350.00-$400.00 for a Senegal. You can usually find them for less on Craigslist from backyard breeders and also if you don't mind hand feeding them yourself, I've seen them go for $250.00-$300.00. But I don't recommend hand feeding unless you know what you are doing.

I can speak of Brown Heads, that is a rare bird in my area.

AT LEAST a kidney Mike! :D

Rare in FL? I was under the impression that Florida was "parrot central" of the US! I thought MORE species were bred and available in FL.

Cali is weird like that lots of unique laws and stretches of land with no one demote breeders. Thus they are in cities add in the cost of living and the prices go up. Its illegal to own Quakers due to them precived as an Agricultural problem. Also illegal to own Ferrets yet you see them everywhere and typical chain markets (Wallmart Kmart, exc) sell ferret food. Its also illegal to own a wallaby aka cuddly lawn mowers if you discourage boxing at a young age. Dumb old laws are about too that are not enforced, thankfully, or i would have a few tickets for kissing my wife (Eureka its illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman)

LOL :)

I didn't know ferrets were illegal in CA. I've never been interested in them, but think a lot of people here do have them. I knew about Quakers being illegal, but I've still seen some out here before.

Northern CA/Southern CA. It's so far apart that it's practically a different state! ;)

Yes, there has been many attempts like the one going on now to separate from California and make the state of Jefferson. I believe that one of the World Wars prevented it from happening in the past but not quite sure. All I know is I have been seeing allot of people petitioning to try to make the state of Jefferson. I am neutral either way.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back