New conures

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Well this stresses me out....because its not what I've seen..
I have no idea what this is in my thread....

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
One of the keys to my happy flock is having a lot of perches and room to spread out.
Last page...

And i added even more perches to outside of cages since , and extended tge hanging ones today

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
having owned cockatiels they are a little different BUT; I RESPECT you telling me I might be making a mistake. I felt like only get the GCC. Then everyone was like no...it can work I respect your opinion.

I am at a crossroads. I'm asking opinions of the community and thank you for your vote!

I want people to tell me I am wrong, I want people to tell me I'm right... I need experts at least as good as me to talk.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I respect what you say! And I want your ADVICE!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
thats the entire point of this site! GOOD ADVICE!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I hear ya! Wish more people would chime in!

If you want both, in my opinion it's going to work.
If this was me , and I wanted both, I'd feel comfortable.

I mean I added all mine at different times and ages and made it work. I do not have burd fights. I have a flock.
Part of making thst work is lots of space to spread out. Taking time with introduction. Managing jealously..lots if postive reinforcement. One on one time and group time. Patience

It's a big decision! I want you and all your burds to be happy! But I can't make it for you

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I think it will probably work! Although, budgie's brains are wired differently than conures, and I've only ever had budgies. Sometimes they get along, sometimes they don't.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm just going to add pictures of my set up. Just to show all the perch options
20220323_132157.jpg

20220323_153331.jpg

I hsve since added more perches to the tops and outside...and more to the hanging perches across the top.
Plus they have 4 stations like this spread out. This is most elaborate
20220322_131824.jpg

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
wow!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
it makes everyone happy, room to move away, equal good perching spots. Tho half the time they just perch on me ❤

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I swear to god I have no idea what is going on in this thread (being honest) other than I'm probably going to get two conures tomorrow, laurasea and I Are getting engaged, and Cottonoid will be the best man. Srsly I just want my new bird(s). Also Srsly though cottonoid get strippers that dress as birds for the bachelor party. Gonna party like its 65 million years ago.

Yes I'm just confused what is going on.

Also get a girl some perches. Girls love getting more perches. Protip.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I’m from Minnesota too ha ha I didn’t know that the cities had parrot shops. I’ve struggled finding stuff for my larger parrot as petco, and petsmart are more aimed at smaller parrots.

I’m sorry about Clark, and your loss.

Did you get both of the babies? They are adorable

Parrots really do get along with one another if they choose (kind of like how they choose their humans). They also can hate each other even if they are the same species.

My Jenday conure is just a brute! She has gotten better with time but she used to dive bomb both of my dogs (I intervene of course, but she did try). My conure has tried to dive bomb my Ekkie I adopted as well. She just isn’t a friendly parrot to other animals, and I wouldn’t dare stick another parrot in her cage in fear she’d kill it.

I have been working a lot with my Jenday conure. I have her out of her cage, and on a stand (away from her cage). She’ll sit there, and watch my dogs/ekkie. I’m close enough to intervene by blocking her from dive bombing other animals. She’s gotten so much better with time. Now if my Ekkie isn’t in her site during the day she screams bloody murder until she can see him.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh no! I'm SO sorry for your loss Clark_conure! What a nightmare. :(

I'll add my voice to the "Get both!" vote, I don't have the personal experience but I have heard of Sun/Gcc nestmates that stayed buddies forever. It seems like it's meant to be. :) Post pics and updates!!! Good luck!

If you can't sleep you could always just pitch a sleeping bag in front of the store like it's a Ticketmaster in 1995!

Happy New Bird (s) Day tomorrow!
Lol!! I remember sleeping on the sidewalk to get tickets to see The Cure, U2, Depeche Mode, Metallica, Guns-n-Roses, Queensryche, Soundgarten.... (Not all at the same concert mind you)... ah... I feel old now. :)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I’m from Minnesota too ha ha I didn’t know that the cities had parrot shops.

My favorite shop is Parrot Island tucked away in Eden Prairie (they chose the location very purposefully so people have to seek them out). SUPER knowledgeable owners that have worked closely with avian vets throughout their store run. I have great conversations and learn something new every time I'm there, and they have every toy (including make your own toy parts) you could imagine. I love it!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
My favorite shop is Parrot Island tucked away in Eden Prairie (they chose the location very purposefully so people have to seek them out). SUPER knowledgeable owners that have worked closely with avian vets throughout their store run. I have great conversations and learn something new every time I'm there, and they have every toy (including make your own toy parts) you could imagine. I love it!
I haven't ever heard of them. I will have to check it out at some point. My ekkie needs preening toys, and toys that are easier for parrots with a softer bill. Maybe they will have some suggestions to help get him into toys. Anything I've bought him he's not played with. Then they end up in my conures cage who destroys them within hours.

Most Reactions

Latest posts