Sammix

Apr 8, 2024
Parrots
Sun Conure
My bird (sun conure) has been showing some signs of respiratory issues (weird noise when he breaths) and is now having watery stools, i am unble to take him to the vet right now is there any broad antibiotics i can buy online that is safe and can help him?

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
My bird (sun conure) has been showing some signs of respiratory issues (weird noise when he breaths) and is now having watery stools, i am unble to take him to the vet right now is there any broad antibiotics i can buy online that is safe and can help him?
there is a few different ones online, two are
Baytril and Enroflaxacin
Hope this helps

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Personally I would caution against treating your bird without a vet exam. Some bacteria are very dangerous and if not treated correctly they can return and become resistant to treatment. I hope you’re able to visit a vet soon to have your bird’s actual condition diagnosed and effective treatment given 🙏

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Try apple cider vinegar with the "mother". Add that to the water. I can find out the correct amount for you, if you want

Most Reactions