meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Police: Randolph man's parrot annoyed him, so he shot it | dailyrecord.com | Daily Record
A 67-year-old Randolph man is accused of using a BB gun to kill the family pet of 20 years — an African grey parrot named "Mikey" — because the creature annoyed him while he watched a NASCAR race.
Advertisement
Warnock Automotive Group

The township's animal control officer has charged Dennis Zeglin with several counts of animal cruelty related to the alleged, June 7 shooting of Mikey around 4:30 p.m.

Zeglin's wife summoned police to the house, and they were met outside by Zeglin's adult son, who told them he covered the bird with a sheet and took it outside where he intended to bury it. The bird, instead, was autopsied by a veterinarian.

Zeglin's wife told police she was in an upstairs room of the home when she heard three shots. She stated she went downstairs and saw the dead parrot and her husband in his living room chair, police reports said.

The wife said she called her husband "a crazy S.O.B.," but told police no argument or confrontation had occurred in the household before the BB gun was fired.

The alleged shooter was sitting in a chair in his living room when police walked in, and reached behind the chair to hand them a Daisy Powerline Model 93, CO2-powered BB gun he later admitted to using to kill Mikey, according to a police report.

Zeglin told a township animal control officer, Norma Jacobs, that he shot Mikey in its cage because the bird irritated him while he was watching television, reports said. Authorities advised the father and his son that if another family pet — a Labrador Retriever — annoys anybody they should call police or the animal control office, reports said.

Defense attorney Stephen Fletcher said his client was watching a NASCAR race at the time — the NASCAR Sprint Series Pocono 500 took place on that date — and was intoxicated. Since the animal cruelty charges were filed, Zeglin has undergone counseling to address alcoholism, Fletcher said.

"The parrot was probably doing what parrots do — squawking and making a ruckus. But this was probably less about what the parrot was doing than Mr. Zeglin's alcohol problem," Fletcher said.

Zeglin has applied for admission into the county's Pre-Trial Intervention program, a probationary program for first time offenders, and is next due in court on Sept. 9.

aries

Aug 23, 2009
fresno
Parrots
african grey,congo, senegal parrot
That just really pisses me off excuse my french, but im sorry thats the most hatefull thing some one can do.....

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Then there's this one:
MANILA - An 18-year-old boy was arrested after he was caught in the act of having sex with a goat in Leon, Iloilo.

Eliseo Minerva immediately called police to report the incident.

Minerva said he saw the boy on top of the goat when he was about to feed the animal.

The goat was already dead when authorities arrived, reports said.

However, the boy allegedly admitted that he was drunk when he committed the incident.

Reports said that the boy’s parents will have to pay for damages to the goat’s owner.

Meanwhile, Leon Police admitted they cannot pursue a case against the boy because there is no law that prohibits a person from having sex with animals.

Leon residents now fear that the “suspect” might victimize girls as soon as he is released from jail.

The municipal social welfare office said the boy should undergo neurological tests to determine what drove him to have sex with an animal.

.... I think the death penalty may have it's place.

RKZX2

Jul 18, 2009
Media
Parrots
gold capped conure (Munchie)
moluccan cockatoo (Poppy)
effing redneck! figures. he got mad because the bird disturbed his nascar race. are you kidding? those guys don't even know how to turn left.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Oh gosh those stories are so sad.
How can anyone in their right mind do the above mentioned things.
I agree with AD the death penalty may have it's place.

Last edited:

Tumbala's Girl

Sep 8, 2009
Michigan
Parrots
Tumbala - sun conure
What is wrong with some people? I just don't understand how a person can hurt an animal. I know Alcohol makes people do stupid things but I have never been so drunk that I thought it would be ok to hurt one of my animals...or someone elses animal. That story just breaks my heart. When I first got Tumbala and I was looking for every peice of info I could find on birds I ran across a website (don't remember the name of it) that had a section about stupid people doing stupid things that resulted in the death of their bird. It was awful and I just can't believe that people are that stupid. It just made me sad. :(

And I agree with AG about the death penalty. Maybe we should go with an eye for an eye and do the same thing to them that they did to the animal.

dakisgirls

Sep 10, 2009
U.S.
Parrots
I have a blue and gold macaw along with an indian ringneck parakeet.
Michael Vick needs the death penalty also. That dog fighting was absoulutely horrid...

Most Reactions