LeoTheQuaker

Jun 12, 2019
UK
Parrots
Vinny - Lutino Quaker
Leo - Lutino Quaker
Petrie - Zebra Finch
Petra - Zebra Finch
I have noticed last night and this morning that my quaker Vinny has been expressing a clear liquid with no poo in it at all. She is eating and drinking fine so im not too sure what is the cause of this.

She has an appointment booked for tomorrow morning at an avian vet but i am just coming on here to see if anyone knows what this is and if it is normal or not ooor if anyone else has been through this.

She doesnt seem to be drinking anymore than usual and she has not had a bath this morning as i know sometimes that can cause watery poops.

She is also on a diet of roudybush and a very very small amount on no peanut/sunflower seeds. She also gets a range of different veg but has not yet had any this afternoon.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
First, congratulations for making that appointment with your Avian Medical Professional! Be there first thing in the morning with your sick Parrot!!!

Keep fresh food and water available. Also increase the room /cage temperature higher for your parrot.

Prayers and Huge Amazon Feather Hugs Your Way!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Occasionally this is seen. But not fir rge big first morning poop. That can be she is nit eating, or fake eating . Yes they fake eat to hide illness..

Best bet us to weigh her.. and of course fantastic that vet visit is tomorrow!!

As above warmth is so important for sick k burds.

Keep us updated. I hope everything is ok ir easily treated.

OP
L

LeoTheQuaker

Jun 12, 2019
UK
Parrots
Vinny - Lutino Quaker
Leo - Lutino Quaker
Petrie - Zebra Finch
Petra - Zebra Finch
Occasionally this is seen. But not fir rge big first morning poop. That can be she is nit eating, or fake eating . Yes they fake eat to hide illness..

Best bet us to weigh her.. and of course fantastic that vet visit is tomorrow!!

As above warmth is so important for sick k burds.

Keep us updated. I hope everything is ok ir easily treated.

So there is normal poops at the bottom of her cage...i woke up late lol so she more than likely did her morning poop while i was still sleeping. She doesnt like to be watched when drinking or bathing so again she could of done that but as you said i will be deffo taking her first this tomorrow to get her checked as i would just rather be safe than sorry.

She also is deffo eating as i just gave her a nutriberry as a treat there now and she literally did not take time to eat it lol

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good on you for noting the issue and also for making a CAV appt. as soon as you are able. I am of the same mind set as you; I see something out of the ordinary, Salty goes to his vet. SO much so that they make jokes about our frequent visits, which I will take all day long rather than miss something important.

A running diary of Vinny's weight is invaluable, as many illnesses first manifest as a weight loss. Salty's weight is stable at 320gr +/- 5, so if I saw a weight of 305 or lower, I KNOW something is up, and off to Dr Hoefer he goes! Kitchen scales can be had for $25 or so on Amazon, a very sound investment.

Hope it's nothing serious for Vinnie!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Good on you for noting the issue and also for making a CAV appt. as soon as you are able. I am of the same mind set as you; I see something out of the ordinary, Salty goes to his vet. SO much so that they make jokes about our frequent visits, which I will take all day long rather than miss something important.

A running diary of Vinny's weight is invaluable, as many illnesses first manifest as a weight loss. Salty's weight is stable at 320gr +/- 5, so if I saw a weight of 305 or lower, I KNOW something is up, and off to Dr Hoefer he goes! Kitchen scales can be had for $25 or so on Amazon, a very sound investment.

Hope it's nothing serious for Vinnie!

Yep what he said. For his larger bird if went from 325 to 305 that's a 6% weight-loss.

You calculate. , amount of weight lost ÷ normal weight then x100 = % lost.
My reading says over 3% weight loss see the vet, over 5% you have a sick bird.

You do nit have to have weight loss fir a sick bird. But sick birds burn 2 times the amount if calories so you usually see weight loss.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Yes- even if your bird seems fine tomorrow, I'd still go just to be safe.

Most Reactions

Latest posts