Rico’s thread

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This is a thread mainly for pictures of Rico!

F64E0E5C-125E-4A81-8274-3699C20135D5.jpeg
8E616866-7290-40E4-8FCC-63ED2A7538C8.jpeg

B73E0AF6-BEAA-4F26-9E4E-4BFA8B11647F.jpeg
83A56EE6-140F-47B8-B235-570B1F0CC5B0.jpeg
B79D37EF-0660-4BB0-B807-0CF2D52AB468.jpeg
1AA641FA-D8A9-47E6-8DF0-FED4BFA836D1.jpeg
8CCDD3B4-6136-4BB2-9E92-56DD094F344A.jpeg
03772777-A133-4DAF-B721-97C6FF3F7BE5.jpeg
39F1CBCB-7C07-4AC7-8420-C20FE9DD98A5.jpeg
2A98F0A3-527A-4880-853F-7798665C3F51.jpeg
75158F69-593F-4749-81B7-CA5F4E9B393D.jpeg
A401F62B-7F55-4203-AD3D-E21C52C823E6.jpeg
4A32968C-AB4C-4156-95C7-F5085F8864CF.jpeg
CFD32FB8-2CA7-4FC9-BC19-C4219085136A.jpeg
3AD77423-4BC2-4775-AC72-95FBE882A515.jpeg
90EF4D0A-D8B9-4D3D-992A-4E44ECD9F051.jpeg

Side eye

C89CF1F1-E837-4FAB-80F6-93651BDF91D1.jpeg
25AF9613-275F-48A0-855B-3FAF02144909.jpeg

Smiling for the sick hooman (I’m fine now)

97964AA3-49BA-422A-8644-CADCE6CFCD62.jpeg

I popped a can open, aaaand he flew over to steal some. He doesn’t know how to take from the can, so he sat there waiting for me to grab a chip so he could snatch it.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
So handsome!

I popped a can open, aaaand he flew over to steal some. He doesn’t know how to take from the can, so he sat there waiting for me to grab a chip so he could snatch it.
So much more polite than Ona! 😂 She stuck her head in my bag of chips earlier.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
So handsome!

So much more polite than Ona! 😂 She stuck her head in my bag of chips earlier.
I agree! And he knows he’s handsome haha

Oh my! Rico ain’t got much manners, but Pringles cans are an obstacle for him. Your poor chips 💀

Now, it’s your turn. Steal her food to assert dominance 💅

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
aww a handsome baby :D White Faced are one my fav colors of cockatiel :D
Yes indeed! And he certainly knows it, too.

Same here! It’s so muted in color, yet so elegant. And there are so many shades of gray, black, and white to see, if you look up close!

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
Yes indeed! And he certainly knows it, too.

Same here! It’s so muted in color, yet so elegant. And there are so many shades of gray, black, and white to see, if you look up close!
Hahah I bet he does XD
Its been my dream since a kid to own a white faced male tiel so far no luck. I had a cinnamon whitefaced split pied female called Luna thou she was beautiful but passed away in 2020. She wasnt tame so hated my guts just wanted food and me to go away XD
my gremlin bossy pied cockatiel is my only remaining baby. Hes a jealous and possessive birb XDD

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
Rico sure has a lot of personality and he is a beautiful white faced. The only pics I can get of Tango is of him with his face in a food dish.

Thanks for sharing your pics, Rico is one beautiful bird.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hahah I bet he does XD
Its been my dream since a kid to own a white faced male tiel so far no luck. I had a cinnamon whitefaced split pied female called Luna thou she was beautiful but passed away in 2020. She wasnt tame so hated my guts just wanted food and me to go away XD
my gremlin bossy pied cockatiel is my only remaining baby. Hes a jealous and possessive birb XDD
White faced hens aren’t much different! And they’re just as pretty!

Honestly, I never really gave tiels much consideration. For like three months in 2020, sure, but then I just thought they were all vicious gremlins after hearing a few stories. I kinda just stumbled across Rico in a petco and was like “he is the chosen one. He is my child.” (if you summarize the long story) kinda funny, in a way.

Luna is such a pretty name for a bird with those mutations! Awe, sad she didn’t like ya… that happens sometimes, I suppose.

Aww, what’s your little goblin’s name? What’s it like having a possessive borb?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rico sure has a lot of personality and he is a beautiful white faced. The only pics I can get of Tango is of him with his face in a food dish.

Thanks for sharing your pics, Rico is one beautiful bird.
He certainly does! I knew birds could be full of personality but like… holy smokes was he a shock! He was a fireball from day one. He truly is beautiful! Sleek and poised, picture perfect as always! And he’s quite a camera hog!

Aww borbs eating is super cute! Could you share some photos?
IMG_5298.jpeg

Here’s Rico, right now. Excuse the messy playstand and bowl, it’s definitely overdue for a deep clean, which I’ll get to when I’m done with the cages 😅

You’re welcome :D I love sharing my pretty boyo with the world! And he loves having his pictures taken!

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
White faced hens aren’t much different! And they’re just as pretty!

Honestly, I never really gave tiels much consideration. For like three months in 2020, sure, but then I just thought they were all vicious gremlins after hearing a few stories. I kinda just stumbled across Rico in a petco and was like “he is the chosen one. He is my child.” (if you summarize the long story) kinda funny, in a way.

Luna is such a pretty name for a bird with those mutations! Awe, sad she didn’t like ya… that happens sometimes, I suppose.

Aww, what’s your little goblin’s name? What’s it like having a possessive borb?
Yes the white faced hens are still pretty striking and beautiful just also love the stark white cheeks in the males too. Luna was very beautiful and everybody always said that when they saw her. There she was bellow. She wanted to have babies so bad but never really had any luck with breeding any my tiels so gave up as think they just never got enough privacy or got disturbed somehow,

54518998_1869670709805910_8086874388403585024_n.jpg

aww sounds like was meant to be, I grew up around birds as a kid and got first teil Charlie at age 10. He died last week age 30. But they all have different personalities and some can be more bitey then others it depends.
Dipsey is the name of the gremlin child. Honestly good and bad, cuse he super cuddly and likes attention. But he also gets aggressive and jealous towards other birds and caused me to rehome some because of violence, blood and fighting. He doesn't like getting off my shoulder either and bites of not getting his own way. Dipsey was technically my younger sisters bird, but over time I was only one caring for him and giving him attention and he stayed when she moved out. There he is bellow. I think he would have bred with Luna had I let him and put boxes back in. But he tended to get aggressive and bitey and not let me clean. Think he stopped Loki and River breeding cuse he was stressing them by being a bully.

54519248_1869670399805941_3390346122881925120_n.jpg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
IMG_5379.jpeg
IMG_5369.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg
IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5370.jpeg
IMG_5361.jpeg
IMG_5360.jpeg
IMG_5363.jpeg
IMG_5378.jpeg

Someone is enjoying the fall colors, just as much as I am! The trees painted in gold, copper, and jade, the crabapple trees splotched with red and citrine yellow, the breeze becoming cooler- a promise of the snow, and Halloween.

The leaves crunch and rustle under your feet with every step, the air becoming more crisp, and the bugs going into hiding.

What’s not to love?

Cricket may not be a big fan of the change in season, but Rico certainly is! More colors to look at than green, and the breeze keeps the room cool, not to mention, less complaints about the heat from the hooman.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 54571View attachment 54572View attachment 54573View attachment 54574View attachment 54575View attachment 54576View attachment 54577View attachment 54578View attachment 54579View attachment 54580View attachment 54581
Someone is enjoying the fall colors, just as much as I am! The trees painted in gold, copper, and jade, the crabapple trees splotched with red and citrine yellow, the breeze becoming cooler- a promise of the snow, and Halloween.

The leaves crunch and rustle under your feet with every step, the air becoming more crisp, and the bugs going into hiding.

What’s not to love?

Cricket may not be a big fan of the change in season, but Rico certainly is! More colors to look at than green, and the breeze keeps the room cool, not to mention, less complaints about the heat from the hooman.
September is my favorite month for sure. Starting to cool off, less humidity, kids are back in school and most of the tourists are gone.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes the white faced hens are still pretty striking and beautiful just also love the stark white cheeks in the males too. Luna was very beautiful and everybody always said that when they saw her. There she was bellow. She wanted to have babies so bad but never really had any luck with breeding any my tiels so gave up as think they just never got enough privacy or got disturbed somehow,

54518998_1869670709805910_8086874388403585024_n.jpg

aww sounds like was meant to be, I grew up around birds as a kid and got first teil Charlie at age 10. He died last week age 30. But they all have different personalities and some can be more bitey then others it depends.
Dipsey is the name of the gremlin child. Honestly good and bad, cuse he super cuddly and likes attention. But he also gets aggressive and jealous towards other birds and caused me to rehome some because of violence, blood and fighting. He doesn't like getting off my shoulder either and bites of not getting his own way. Dipsey was technically my younger sisters bird, but over time I was only one caring for him and giving him attention and he stayed when she moved out. There he is bellow. I think he would have bred with Luna had I let him and put boxes back in. But he tended to get aggressive and bitey and not let me clean. Think he stopped Loki and River breeding cuse he was stressing them by being a bully.

54519248_1869670399805941_3390346122881925120_n.jpg
Both are gorgeous birds!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
September is my favorite month for sure. Starting to cool off, less humidity, kids are back in school and most of the tourists are gone.
September is quite an amazing month!! And everything turns gold, amber, or ruby red! It’s so nice! Imo, nothing beats October! Mainly because Halloween and that’s an excuse to have some fun with some cosplaying, but also, FALLLLL!

When does it start to snow where you live in Alaska?
Depends on the year, really. In 2021 it snowed in September, last year it didn’t really snow until the end of November or start of December, but usually it’s somewhere between mid October to mid November. It’s quite lovely, really.

And with snow brings vicious windstorms! In 2021 (I think) or early 2022, there was a nasty windstorm that destroyed an A&W/KFC, flipped planes, ripped semi-trucks, and I think last winter the three feet of snow and harsh winds caved in a library or gym? It’s super fun and scary!

You lose power, it’s pitch black outside, you’re hoping your phone doesn’t die, the temperatures slowly drop, and the sound of debris hitting your house is so incredibly scary and fun and AWESOME! And being out during one of these makes you want to scream with fear and joy!

Both are gorgeous birds!
They really are! I’m so lucky to have such good and gorgeous birbs!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
September is quite an amazing month!! And everything turns gold, amber, or ruby red! It’s so nice! Imo, nothing beats October! Mainly because Halloween and that’s an excuse to have some fun with some cosplaying, but also, FALLLLL!

Depends on the year, really. In 2021 it snowed in September, last year it didn’t really snow until the end of November or start of December, but usually it’s somewhere between mid October to mid November. It’s quite lovely, really.

And with snow brings vicious windstorms! In 2021 (I think) or early 2022, there was a nasty windstorm that destroyed an A&W/KFC, flipped planes, ripped semi-trucks, and I think last winter the three feet of snow and harsh winds caved in a library or gym? It’s super fun and scary!

You lose power, it’s pitch black outside, you’re hoping your phone doesn’t die, the temperatures slowly drop, and the sound of debris hitting your house is so incredibly scary and fun and AWESOME! And being out during one of these makes you want to scream with fear and joy!

They really are! I’m so lucky to have such good and gorgeous birbs!
Our winters can be really rough with fallen trees and power outages (thank God for generators) or mild and just annoying.
Least favorite season is Spring, aka Mud Season. By March we are sick of winter but march-may is just a tease. Our dirt road becomes a vehicle eating mess of potholes and it's been known to snow in May. If you plant veggies outdoors before Memorial Day you risk a late frost killing or stunting them. I start veggies indoors in April in a grow tent with lights 18 hours a day. By Memorial Day they are so large they're hard to transplant without breaking them. Last Spring-Summer all it did was rain and the slugs ate most of my plants. Too much rain to go boating (we have a party boat and a speed boat) most of June and July.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Our winters can be really rough with fallen trees and power outages (thank God for generators) or mild and just annoying.
Least favorite season is Spring, aka Mud Season. By March we are sick of winter but march-may is just a tease. Our dirt road becomes a vehicle eating mess of potholes and it's been known to snow in May. If you plant veggies outdoors before Memorial Day you risk a late frost killing or stunting them. I start veggies indoors in April in a grow tent with lights 18 hours a day. By Memorial Day they are so large they're hard to transplant without breaking them. Last Spring-Summer all it did was rain and the slugs ate most of my plants. Too much rain to go boating (we have a party boat and a speed boat) most of June and July.
Ugh spring is the worstttt. It’s all sopping wet and it’s like summer but wetter and stinkier. And it means that the winter is gone and I’ll be trapped indoors until the next rainy day and sept/oct.

I couldn’t imagine a dirt road in that muddy mess. My friend could, though! I suppose that is one of the downsides of dirt roads.

Holy, how big do these vegetables get?! Because I’m imagining like… a 3 foot long zucchini!

Sounds like the summer we had this year. Rainy and sluggy! But the rainy days were scorching hot!!

does the party boat run on alcohol and bad decisions?

Most Reactions