Right now Salty is.....

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Oh, man, I'm sure she didnt see this. I'll alert her. You inviting the BIRD, too? Sure, why not? Every Odyssey needs its Poseidon.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Can I advise her of the time/etc.? She's painting/listing stuff on ebay right now. Totally into artist-mode. And the CREATURE is asleep. I am apparently the Skype-liaison.......

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Can I advise her of the time/etc.? She's painting/listing stuff on ebay right now. Totally into artist-mode. And the CREATURE is asleep. I am apparently the Skype-liaison.......

Geez Rival...I haven't heard from Al at what time he is going to be here :confused: I will "assume' 1pm ish eastern time...that's the time I showed up at his place. Worse case scenario..I can post on here tomorrow whnen we figure out a time.
And it wouldn't BE a party without the Rbird! :rolleyes: :D

Jim

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oops, sorry, didnt see this til just now, 10PM. Jim I got a 9AM ferry so I should be there round 10 or so, and a ret ferry at 4:30. If Gail if u can join us at 2 in the afternoon we should not be too hammered yet

Gail - skype at 2 tomorrow, you red hot lil mamma?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Phewwwwffttt! Glad you posted there Al lol :18: I couldda been zzzzzzzzzz'ing when you came banging at my door lol :eek: :rolleyes:

Ok great! See you tomorrow! I hope you guys have a good trip.
I thought of taking the ferry when I visited you too, but determined it was more costly than driving :eek: but prolly safer lol.

You have me cell/home number,right? If you have a cell, would you call me/leave a message before you leave the CT pier? Thanks!
See you in the am!

Jim

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Heckkkkkkkkkkkkk Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh... we'll be there.
We don't get invited to many parties.
*sigh*

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Y'all are standin' us up!

Geez, I hope you're all okay...

Al, your return ferry is leaving in about an hour, so I'm guessing we're a scratch for today.

Okay, talk later, y'all...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

SO SORRY PEOPLE!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ( Gail, I sent you a PM) But for some STUPID reason,we could NOT get my Wi-Fi to connect with Al's note book or whatever the silly thing is :confused:
I have no electronical know-how on how any of this latest technological wizardry works!

At any rate..Al and Salty left here about 3pm to catch the ferry. They got here about 11am.
Pics and video's were taken. Salty did,kinda,:rolleyes: his tricks. Not too focused really...he was interested more in his new surroundings,Amy and Beebs and me :p

We have video of Salty and Amy being "cozy" :rolleyes: smooching..it even looked like Salty was tryin' to 'gurgitate for her lol.
BB was great! Got along with Salty just fine,climbed all over AL.chewed his ear and did a lot of talking.

Stuff to be posted soon!

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Down loading stuff from my camera now..ran out of ROOM on my memory thing:(.
Stuff to be posted soon...maybe:confused:..I HOPE?? :rolleyes: lol

Jim

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Oh Gail, i am sooooo sorry, but as Jim said we just could not get his house wifi to shake hands with my tablet. Was kinda comical, these 2 greying luddites trying do this asking each other -" I think this the router, right?" while 3 parrots are wrecking havoc . I kept thinking to myself " where's a teenager when you need one?" I promise you that at that point only minimal amounts of beer had been consumed.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Right now Salty is mad at his Daddy, I suppose for subjecting him to a long car ride. Yesterday and tonoght are the first time he was agitated enough to pin eyes AND do the tail feather spread when he was saying hello when I got home - that and a much harder then normal bite. Usually he rough houses with me as soon as I get home, and then asks for scratches. Not tonight. Oh well, I think he will get over it when dinner time comes round. Takes Salty a few days to get over most slights to his birdy pride and sense of WHAT IS RIGHT.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Right now Salty is mad at his Daddy, I suppose for subjecting him to a long car ride. Yesterday and tonoght are the first time he was agitated enough to pin eyes AND do the tail feather spread when he was saying hello when I got home - that and a much harder then normal bite. Usually he rough houses with me as soon as I get home, and then asks for scratches. Not tonight. Oh well, I think he will get over it when dinner time comes round. Takes Salty a few days to get over most slights to his birdy pride and sense of WHAT IS RIGHT.

You took him away from his new best buds. Maybe he thought you had gotten him parrots of his own!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Oh, its totally my fault, I know that already. Its never the fault of the bird, right? I upset his daily routine and thats my fault for not doing it more often, so he is used to it. SO that means I need to take more car rides with him, and introduce him to more situations out of the house. With lots n lots of treats, which is the way to this little boys heart.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
You're a good man, Mr. GoodWrench.
You deserve that little ball of sunshine, and vice versa.

Back to that little laugh. Enchanting.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
He he, amazing what a good scratching session will accomplish too. 15 min of head scratching and he is close to forgiving me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts