Why do I receive emails on watched threads?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
When I watch thread I choose the option "watch this thread..(without receiving email notifications)" but I still get emails! Why so? Is it a glitch? I also receive emails on conversations for some reason..

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Pip, I may have some answers for you. Have a look at the “Preferences” setting under “Your Account”. There you will see an option that says “Receive an email when a new conversation message is received”. If that option is ticked, then you will receive an email whenever anyone messages you, in addition to receiving it here on your Forums membership. If you untick that option, then you will no longer receive the corresponding email.

Under "Content Options" you can also untick the option to receive email notifications for "content that you interact with", so this should prevent you receiving emails about threads that you are watching too. Regarding receiving notifications about watched threads, there are also options further down under the same “Preferences” section that you can tick, or untick if you prefer, that say “Posts in a watched forum” and “Posts in a watched thread”. Have a look at those, I suspect they may be ticked by default so that you receive notifications and/or emails, and if you untick them that may stop them coming through if that’s your preference. Don't forget to "Save" your changes when you're done.

Please let me know if this works, and if you need any more help :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts