Now the WAITING!!!!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Can't wait til tomorrow to see the pics:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Laura, have a glass of wine now, and get some sleep. You BOTH need it. ;)

I am on cloud nine for you here!!! Can't wait til tomorrow, when we officially meet your precious, BIG baby. :D

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I am making a big fat Patron Silver margarita, as we speak!!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so happy for you and your rapidly expanding flock, Laura! Glad you're both off to a good start and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pics as well.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
OMG Laura I'm so jealous- I need to see pictures of your new baby!!!!

I want to know what happened at the airport though! :eek:

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound!!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I'm so happy for you and your rapidly expanding flock, Laura! Glad you're both off to a good start and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pics as well.

Yes I suppose it has expanded rather quickly with the "two for one save" of Gomez and Lola, I was actively looking for a male but couldn't very well leave Lola with that awful woman, now this new little bundle of green but I have been waiting many years to have parrots again.
My husband and I moved so much for his work, for over 9 years it was every 6 months to 9 months and we would be moving again! No way did I feel that lifestyle was good for pets especially since we were always renting and some times it was apartments rather than a house. So now that we are here to stay it was time. I told my husband in no uncertain terms, the next time I move it will be into an urn on the mantle!:p

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How's the precious one this morning??? How'd the feeding go? Did he/she growl at you again? :D

Did YOU sleep last night? Was "baby" the last thought on your mind as you fell into a slumber, and the first thing on your mind when you woke up? :D

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Yes, I was up at 6:30 am to check my little darling. He ate well this morning and yes he did puff up and growl. He thinks he is sooo tough!

Introducing my darling!....
IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my gosh....I can't stand it. Would you mind an awful lot to drive him over to my house ASAP for some baby Amazon lovin'? :D

I'm sure he won't mind, especially since he's done quite some traveling already. ;)

TOO adorable!!! :32:

Let me wipe the drool off my face...NOTHING cuter and sweeter than a baby Amazon. Period. :D :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, Laura, he is gorgeous! I do not know if I can stand so much adorableness all at once:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Nice! Cute little amazon, Laura! Complete with the famous amazon 'tude as well, eh? lol! Congrats, and keep those pics coming!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Congrats and he is a cutie. Did the airlines transport him or did he have someone take him the whole way? In 2005 I was flying home from Puerto Rico and a man across from me had a baby African gray in a carrier. He had me cracking up. The man would open the top to give him water and he would get feisty. I look forward to see more pics and his travel story.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Yes she was flown in from SC. She is still on 3 feedings as she is only 6 weeks old. I will get more pics today.:D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Whoo-hoo! Keep the pics coming!

Most Reactions