Baby cockatiel poo looks weird

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hey i need some help, i let luna and my other budgie named lalo play together while I was eating, since luna is handfed it is very tame and can even fly to me, but lalo is untame, and when i came back from eating luna was perching above the curtains which he has never did before, and when i want to put my finger close to him, he hissed. I am kinda scared and sad since luna is getting untame because lalo, what do i do??

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hey i need some help, i let luna and my other budgie named lalo play together while I was eating, since luna is handfed it is very tame and can even fly to me, but lalo is untame, and when i came back from eating luna was perching above the curtains which he has never did before, and when i want to put my finger close to him, he hissed. I am kinda scared and sad since luna is getting untame because lalo, what do i do??
Like he basically just suddenly turn agressive, i was just playing with him by letting him fly around the room and then coming back to me but then i went to eat and when i came back he just hates me,

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Like he basically just suddenly turn agressive, i was just playing with him by letting him fly around the room and then coming back to me but then i went to eat and when i came back he just hates me,
Maybe because its around 10 pm well i thought 10 hours was good, does luna need more?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Maybe because its around 10 pm well i thought 10 hours was good, does luna need more?
Let Luna get some rest and try again tomorrow. Luna doesn't hate you but what bird wouldn't rather sit on a high curtain rod with a great view than come down on a Human's finger? I wouldn't let Luna out to fly around and play without your direct supervision. It's much safer plus you want Luna to know that YOU let him out of the cage to play. A certain amount of dependence on you while you're developing a relationship is good. He needs to know that good things come from you. Give Luna treats by hand to reinforce this.
Also, try using a stick perch when retrieving Luna from places so he isn't tempted to hiss and bite at your hand when he doesn't want to come down.

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Let Luna get some rest and try again tomorrow. Luna doesn't hate you but what bird wouldn't rather sit on a high curtain rod with a great view than come down on a Human's finger? I wouldn't let Luna out to fly around and play without your direct supervision. It's much safer plus you want Luna to know that YOU let him out of the cage to play. A certain amount of dependence on you while you're developing a relationship is good. He needs to know that good things come from you. Give Luna treats by hand to reinforce this.
Also, try using a stick perch when retrieving Luna from places so he isn't tempted to hiss and bite at your hand when he doesn't want to come down.
Thank you thank you thank you so much for the advice, I just got home from school and now luna is back to normal but he is not as attached to me like yesterday but its fine, THANKS!

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hey Im thinking to clip luna’s nails by myself, if I hold him would I lose his trust after the clipping session?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey Im thinking to clip luna’s nails by myself, if I hold him would I lose his trust after the clipping session?
Please don't do that. It's too easy to do it wrong (too much) and will damage the trust you are building. Be patient worh Luna. It takes time to build trust. Make yourself the source of tasty treats like spray millet and friendly companionship.

If you want Luna's wings trimmed please tell your breeder (if you have the breeder do it) to only trim them slightly. You still want Luna to be able to fly. Many people disagree with wing trimming at all for the purpose of taming a bird and making the bird easier to handle. I have mixed feelings about it.
For a cockatiel, a mild wing trim just shortens the longest flight feathers by less than a couple inches. I sometimes do this to prevent my budgies from flying up to the highest window sills in my house sixteen feet up where I would be unable to get them down without a very tall ladder, risking injuring myself. If Luna's wings are trimmed too much he will be unable to fly and will land hard on his breast when he tries, potentially injuring his breast bone. Never trim just one wing. Doing that causes dangerous crash landings.
Can you take Luna to the breeder for a trim? Or do you have a vet that sees birds who can do it?

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Please don't do that. It's too easy to do it wrong (too much) and will damage the trust you are building. Be patient worh Luna. It takes time to build trust. Make yourself the source of tasty treats like spray millet and friendly companionship.

If you want Luna's wings trimmed please tell your breeder (if you have the breeder do it) to only trim them slightly. You still want Luna to be able to fly. Many people disagree with wing trimming at all for the purpose of taming a bird and making the bird easier to handle. I have mixed feelings about it.
For a cockatiel, a mild wing trim just shortens the longest flight feathers by less than a couple inches. I sometimes do this to prevent my budgies from flying up to the highest window sills in my house sixteen feet up where I would be unable to get them down without a very tall ladder, risking injuring myself. If Luna's wings are trimmed too much he will be unable to fly and will land hard on his breast when he tries, potentially injuring his breast bone. Never trim just one wing. Doing that causes dangerous crash landings.
Can you take Luna to the breeder for a trim? Or do you have a vet that sees birds who can do it?
wait I am not talking about wing trimming, I think having wing is good because there is a lot of games to play with luna when he have wings, what I was talking about was the nails, his nails are quite sharp. That is why I want to cut it, I just want to know is it ok for me to cut it by myself?

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
what I was talking about was the nails, his nails are quite sharp. That is why I want to cut it, I just want to know is it ok for me to cut it by myself?
Do you have experience cutting birds' nails? If not, it's best you don't do it by yourself. If it's just the point that's bothering you, you can try using a nail file to blunt the ends.
If you are providing enough natural wood perches small birds generally do a fabulous job at keeping their nails trimmed themselves.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
wait I am not talking about wing trimming, I think having wing is good because there is a lot of games to play with luna when he have wings, what I was talking about was the nails, his nails are quite sharp. That is why I want to cut it, I just want to know is it ok for me to cut it by myself?
Im sorry! I read too fast. My mistake. Im glad you arent going to clip Lunas wings. I wouldn't trim nails myself d
because if you trim too close it hurts and bleeds.

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Im sorry! I read too fast. My mistake. Im glad you arent going to clip Lunas wings. I wouldn't trim nails myself d
Ok thank you for your advice, i’ll find some place that can cut bird nails if not I’ll just try to blunt the end of the nails,

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Do you have experience cutting birds' nails? If not, it's best you don't do it by yourself. If it's just the point that's bothering you, you can try using a nail file to blunt the ends.
If you are providing enough natural wood perches small birds generally do a fabulous job at keeping their nails trimmed themselves.
Thank you for your advice!!!

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hello I wanted to ask you what should I buy first? Currently my bird cage is 60cm length, 37cm height and 40 cm width, and I am feeding lalo (budgie) and luna (cockatiel) seed mix and also witte molen for fine australians, their toys are pretty simple just a swing and a hanging wood bridge thing, and just a plate and a bottle spray for bath, so which one should i save up to buy first harrison high potency super fine granules or a bigger cage or an electric battery powered bath or new toys or maybe some other stuff that you would reccomend? It would take quite a long time to save up for a bigger cage and maybe a couple weeks for the harrison’s and like 2 weeks for new toys maybe, and 2 weeks too for the bath

OP
Luqman

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Hello I wanted to ask you what should I buy first? Currently my bird cage is 60cm length, 37cm height and 40 cm width, and I am feeding lalo (budgie) and luna (cockatiel) seed mix and also witte molen for fine australians, their toys are pretty simple just a swing and a hanging wood bridge thing, and just a plate and a bottle spray for bath, so which one should i save up to buy first harrison high potency super fine granules or a bigger cage or an electric battery powered bath or new toys or maybe some other stuff that you would reccomend? It would take quite a long time to save up for a bigger cage and maybe a couple weeks for the harrison’s and like 2 weeks for new toys maybe, and 2 weeks too for the bath
Oh my god! I just went to a local pet store and they were only selling budgies before but now they are also selling cockatiels, the reason that I am surprised and upset is because THEY DO NOT TAKE CARE OF PETS, THEY JUST SELL THEM. Look at the pictures that I attached. Also you might not see it but one of the cockatiel’s mouth have like a dent or something and look at the poor budgie.

Attachments

• 1D094E6D-4B42-4D54-8FC7-C7D082F16778.jpeg
    1D094E6D-4B42-4D54-8FC7-C7D082F16778.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2CE1A1EA-85FA-4C95-BF80-BED1DBAC9E1D.jpeg
    2CE1A1EA-85FA-4C95-BF80-BED1DBAC9E1D.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 3CD09978-1682-4018-A331-4DE2EFAF5DFC.jpeg
    3CD09978-1682-4018-A331-4DE2EFAF5DFC.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 24

Most Reactions

Latest posts