Blue ringneck mate selection

Kyrnar04

Dec 19, 2021
Parrots
Green alexanderine parrot (male)
Yellow indian ringneck parrot (male)
Hi
I have a blue ringneck hen (2022)
I whould like to ask what is the best colour to pair her so i can get the most colour combinations?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi
I have a blue ringneck hen (2022)
I whould like to ask what is the best colour to pair her so i can get the most colour combinations?
Ringnecks have so many cool mutations! There are great articles on the internet about IRNlittle deeper about why she is sick, and then mutations. Just Google ringneck mutations to learn more about them. One thing for sure (amost) is that if you breed your blue hen with a blue cock you will get all blue babies.

TheofficialParakeet

Mar 22, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Blue American Budgie - Female (Bluberry)
Blue Australian Budgie - Male (Mr. Squiggles)
Blue English Budgie - Male (Hendrix)
get a lutino male, iv'e seen some blue/yellow crossovers that are STUNNING! but make sure he has 0 dark factors or else it will override most of the blue chances or possiblity for a rainbow . I would reccomed searching "Phenotypes VS Genotypes" and "Punnet Squares" .

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Ringnecks have so many cool mutations! There are great articles on the internet about IRNlittle deeper about why she is sick, and then mutations. Just Google ringneck mutations to learn more about them. One thing for sure (amost) is that if you breed your blue hen with a blue cock you will get all blue babies.
Sorry about my garbled message. I don't know exactly what I meant to say other than to read internet articles on IRN mutations. Leave out stuff after "IRN" and before "mutations".

Most Reactions

Latest posts