Budgie Lunging On To Bars?

Axel

Oct 9, 2017
Parrots
Doodle - Budgie
I'm a first time bird owner and have noticed that my budgie Doodle (purchased about 1.5 months ago) will try to lunge towards me onto the bars. They will also climb all over the bars to get closer to me.

They get mad when I talk to people I know via the computer.

I think they want more attention but they were fine just last week? Sure they were a bit mad, but not lunging whenever I go over to them.

I've been reading and trying to pay more attention to them and they calm down, but for some reason crawl around the bars near me.

I've also seen them biting and looking at the door as if they are planning their breakout. They also really like to bite me, so I'm going to try to reward them when they don't try to attack me.

Is an attention issue? Or is it not? What can I do?

Thank you for your help!

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
Are you letting your bird out of the cage? They might want to come out. Elvis climbs on the bars when he sees me holding a banana (His favorite treat) and he tries all he can do to get it away from me and into his beak. Maybe your bird just wants some attention? Out of cage time?

Sent from my Galaxy s8

OP
Axel

Axel

Oct 9, 2017
Parrots
Doodle - Budgie
Are you letting your bird out of the cage? They might want to come out. Elvis climbs on the bars when he sees me holding a banana (His favorite treat) and he tries all he can do to get it away from me and into his beak. Maybe your bird just wants some attention? Out of cage time?

Sent from my Galaxy s8

I will most certainty try to get him out of his cage soon. He hasn't been outside yet sense his wings are clipped and they aren't too sure on me helping them out yet.

I'll work some more on that with him. Thanks! <3

Most Reactions

Latest posts