Domnijoe - The Art Studio and Bird Herder's Residence

Yvons' toe nails are starting to curl, and I clipped one. The worst one... through the bars of the cage. I threw a fuss over him after I trimmed it, and now he doesn't want me touching his toes. I hope he forgives me, LOL. At the end of May, Yvons will have been here a year. At the beginning of July, he'll be 19. Whoooooah.

Pulsar and Quasar are getting along famously still. Where one goes, the other must follow, from food to watching me at the computer. Little stinkers are so much fun :D. I'll post pix once I get a chance.
 
Yvons' toe nails are starting to curl, and I clipped one. The worst one... through the bars of the cage. I threw a fuss over him after I trimmed it, and now he doesn't want me touching his toes. I hope he forgives me, LOL. At the end of May, Yvons will have been here a year. At the beginning of July, he'll be 19. Whoooooah.

Pulsar and Quasar are getting along famously still. Where one goes, the other must follow, from food to watching me at the computer. Little stinkers are so much fun :D. I'll post pix once I get a chance.
That's why I take Nameliss to the torturers aka vet techs. That way I am the resucuer who lavishes love and attention. Who is appreciated. Who can touch feet for exams if something looks odd. Misdirection is the best for smart parrots, dogs, cats or any pet.
 
Clipped more of Yvons' toe nails and he forgave me, LOL!!

Everyone is tickety-boo. Oh, and I have Pulsar pix :D. Pulsar's the Pineapple, and Quasar is the YS.

Pulsar and Quasar together cute_may 2026.webp


Pulsar cute_may 2026.webp
 
Nothing new to report. Yvons is being himself, and the old farts are still ticking about. Vortex is hormonal. Such a lovely time of the year :P
 
Has Yvon shown more of his vocabulary and mimicking?
 
Has Yvon shown more of his vocabulary and mimicking?
Actually yes! He groans like I do when I get out of the computer chair next to his cage (actually, my current ONLY chair...), He says, 'Noooooooo' in the tone I use when scolding the dog, and he makes a sound I make when I ask the birds a question. Like a 'mrrrrrr?" noise. He's screaming a lot less and whistles a lot more. :)
 
I wondered. Grey's can pick up the weirdest things. Sometimes perfectly timing them just before you do. Then you don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed.
 
Looks like I have to start putting out requests for senior housing. I'm 50, and my knees aren't getting better. Oy. I should be able to last in my current home for another 2 years. BY then, my dog will be older/passed, and my elder boys will have passed, leaving me with 2 cats and 4 birds—such fun.

Yvons is annoyed with me today. He never got out of his cage for play time because I was too wiped to even sleep. I'm still up. I hate being overtired.

Quasar seems to have really settled down with his nipping! He's still a mosquito, but the amount of biting is now more of an annoyed nibble at feeding time :) . I'm so proud of him!

I might have to drag Charlie to the vet. I dunno if it's feathers or a lump on his rear. Sigh. A bird slave's job is never done!

And here's a pic of Quasar and Pulsar napping for tax :)

Napping Quasar and Pulsar.webp
 
You're artistic. Here's a project to occupy your mind and keep you young. A small bird like a tiel behind a podium holding a gavel in the distance. The slightly blurry backs of heads of different species and exotic of; caws, amzons, greys, hawk heads, toos, whatever fading in the foreground. The banner hanging clearly above the tiel; Spoiled Avian Society. Think about it. It'll make a great tee shirt or something. At least it'll be a positive thing to occupy your mind. Find projects to keep it young and the body will try to keep up. Enjoy.
 
You're artistic. Here's a project to occupy your mind and keep you young. A small bird like a tiel behind a podium holding a gavel in the distance. The slightly blurry backs of heads of different species and exotic of; caws, amzons, greys, hawk heads, toos, whatever fading in the foreground. The banner hanging clearly above the tiel; Spoiled Avian Society. Think about it. It'll make a great tee shirt or something. At least it'll be a positive thing to occupy your mind. Find projects to keep it young and the body will try to keep up. Enjoy.
OOoooooh! I like those ideas :D. Now I know what to draw after this latest painting is done!!
 
STRESS! The past few days have been dedicated to looking for pet-friendly seniors' housing. I just turned 50, and my knees are getting worse (Arthritis blows!), so climbing 3 flights of stairs is a challenge. Imagine doing that AND walking the dog. Ugh. Most places have a waiting list for apartments, and by the time I get called in for a suite. I would have turned about 55, my two older burbs will have passed, and so will have my dog. I've already been at my current place for 2 years and 8 months. So much to consider.

Which still leaves me with 4 birds and 2 cats. Some places allow only cats and dogs. Some allow only birds. For the life of me, I hope to GOD I don't have to rehome anyone! I might sneak in the cats if I'm only allowed certain animals. I've done it before. I've heard very little from the neighbor downstairs. They'll likely be moving if their arguments say anything.

Currently, the birds are finally asleep. The cats have the zoomies, and the dog is wanting to join in. Sigh. I love my critters! :)

Napping Quasar and Pulsar.webp
 
Finding a suitable home no matter the reason is tough. You have wants and needs. Trying to find a place to fill them is tough. Age, pets, disabilities whatever makes it harder. Good luck.
 
Finding a suitable home no matter the reason is tough. You have wants and needs. Trying to find a place to fill them is tough. Age, pets, disabilities whatever makes it harder. Good luck.
Agreed! I know I'll find a place, but I'm worried about ALL my animals coming with me. Maybe I'm paranoid. **Shrugs**
 
Vortex has become...errr.... well, she tries to bite me through the bars of the cage when I wake her up in the morning, and she lunges. Must be hormones :) . Otherwise she's a good girl and will take treats from my hands. She, like the rest of the birds, LOVES peanuts. They see me move the container and a joyous symphony of hungry birds screams into reality, LOL! I'm trying to limit the amount of peanuts they get, especially in-shell ones. When I can get them, I plan on getting pistachios. :)

Yvons has let me clip his toenails. I do them through the bars of the cage, every few days. He was quite the good boy and tolerated it quite well :)

And burb pix for tax:

IMG_2615.webp
IMG_2621.webp
IMG_2625.webp
 
I wish Nameliss would let me clip her nails. She treats me like a monster. Hides in her food house everytime I approach for days. I get the abused, misunderstood, mistreated, tortured, scared, little birdie look. It's so annoying. It triggers one of my favorite CAG generated thoughts of irritation. Parrot pot pie with potatoes and veggies seasoned with onions and garlic w a bit of jalapeño. With a toast of vodka or Jack Daniel or Jim Beam. Then I sigh and walk away mumbling. Which by the way she's excellent at mimicking.
 
A might...a BIG might, but I might move in with friends in a few months. Everything is written in oatmeal right now, but I'd be able to keep all 9 of my critters! Weeeeee!!!!
 
1) Vortex is very territorial right now... aaaaah. Puberty :P

2) Looking for apartments. I might be able to bring all my animals to an apartment I'm looking at. Written in jello tho, as they may need a co-signer and I don't have one...

3) Yvons has declared my name is now 'A**HOLE'. As in not a 'mrrr?' or grunt, but a cuss, which he'd been doing for months. I love him tho, and my friends find it hilarious.

4) Saw Pulsar feeding Quasar today. Gonna keep an eye on that...

5) Charlie and Redshift are still kicking. They're gonna be 25 and 26 yrs old this July! AT this rate, they're gonna make it until their 30's! :O
 
Where did Yvon pick that up? Nameliss only whistles or says bored when she wants my attention. My first CAG named me bird. Granted I definitely prefer that over what Yvon has named you! Hope puberty and territorial doesn't mean aggressiveness! Good luck on the rest of your flock!
 
Where did Yvon pick that up? Nameliss only whistles or says bored when she wants my attention. My first CAG named me bird. Granted I definitely prefer that over what Yvon has named you! Hope puberty and territorial doesn't mean aggressiveness! Good luck on the rest of your flock!
Thanks! Yeah, Yvons definitely learned 'Hey Assh*le' in his past home(S). I wouldn't say that to him. He says some really colorful things, one of which he adapted himself from something I said to the dog. I'm glad my friends don't mind. They think it's hilarious that he cusses me out.

Birds have some new food coming to them in the next few days. Bird Street Bistro and some more pellets. :D
 
Looking at co-op housing right now. Hopefully I can bring the birds and other critters. sigh. Some places are good, but don't allow pets, and most places seem to be in the wrong part of town. I'm getting frustrated.

Good thing I have critter therapy, heeheee. Every single one of the birds gets excited when they get their peanut before bed. It's hilarious to watch :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom