I need help badly with some dogs.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I absolutely HATE the fact I even have to type this but, here we are. We have 4 Italian greyhounds (they are no bigger than a cat) and my mom abuses them. One of them she seems to target. The one she seems to target is fatter than the others and pretty short. He has alopecia (no hair) and has lipomas on his body.

Every day she yells at and hits him when he does something wrong (like peeing or pooping on the floor) and then she takes it out on everyone else. But today was notably worse than any other day. She hit him so hard that he couldnā€™t get up on her bed. I was horrified when I heard this! Iā€™m horrified each time I hear her do this but this made me choke. And why did she abuse him so badly? He peed on her pillow. She kept screaming at him and he peed in fear and she continued to do this until he couldnā€™t pee anymore.

So, what can I do here? What do I tell her to get her to quit? How do I bring it up? I have two ultimatums in mind (change your ā€œtrainingā€ or give him up to a humane society) but just HOW do I get her to stop? Keep in mind im a minor and cannot do much aside from at least be civil (something she literally cannot do). Her yelling doesnā€™t affect JUST this dog, it affects everyone. It can give me mild anxiety attacks or at least give me a stress migraine, it makes my bird uncomfortable, my dog ends up thinking she did something wrong and becomes scared, she takes it out on my brother and I, it freaks out our elderly cat, it makes our other cat uneasy, and it makes the other two dogs upset. My brotherā€™s dog has VERY bad anxiety and her screaming can trigger his anxiety and cause him to pee everywhere in fear.

So please, please tell me what to do. My mother takes anything as a personal attack and cannot handle being told she is wrong or bad. She is very manipulative, power hungry, most likely has Bipolar disorder (her mother does so itā€™s not hard to assume she has it, especially based on her behavior), and she will most likely scream and rave and blow this out of proportion to everyone else when she spreads very personal conversations to everyone in the family and her social medias, and she is almost guaranteed to ground me but I donā€™t care. I want these small dogs to be treated right. They arenā€™t humans and they donā€™t think like them. And even if they did, you donā€™t treat people how she treats the dogs, specifically the bald fat one.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
This is a tough situation and one that unfortunately has no easy answer. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through all this. My heart goes out to you because I had some similar issues with my mother as a teenager.

Is there a trusted adult in your family you could talk to about this? Another family member perhaps? Someone who knows you and your family will likely be able to give better advice. Or, perhaps a school counselor or teacher. Take some time to think about it - this is likely the easiest and best way for you to get some help with this.

Iā€™m a huge advocate for animal rites and donā€™t believe any animal should ever be hit in any circumstances. I donā€™t know you or mother so Iā€™ll say with a grain of salt - If youā€™re able to, a good starting point may be trying to have an honest conversation with your mom about how her actions make you feel. You donā€™t want to focus the conversation on accusing her but instead on how her actions are making you feel. She may be more open to listen this way. Sometimes with hard talks like these it can help to write things down first.

Take a deep breath and take care of yourself first. Sending you well wishes.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This is a tough situation and one that unfortunately has no easy answer. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through all this. My heart goes out to you because I had some similar issues with my mother as a teenager.

Is there a trusted adult in your family you could talk to about this? Another family member perhaps? Someone who knows you and your family will likely be able to give better advice. Or, perhaps a school counselor or teacher. Take some time to think about it - this is likely the easiest and best way for you to get some help with this.

Iā€™m a huge advocate for animal rites and donā€™t believe any animal should ever be hit in any circumstances. I donā€™t know you or mother so Iā€™ll say with a grain of salt - If youā€™re able to, a good starting point may be trying to have an honest conversation with your mom about how her actions make you feel. You donā€™t want to focus the conversation on accusing her but instead on how her actions are making you feel. She may be more open to listen this way. Sometimes with hard talks like these it can help to write things down first.

Take a deep breath and take care of yourself first. Sending you well wishes.
Thank you so much. This means the world to me. I donā€™t really have anyone to tell. Iā€™m not allowed to talk to the rest of my family. I donā€™t have any counselors or teachers to talk to as I am homeschooling (more like isolation at this point). I plan on talking to my mother about this. She apparently knows what she is doing is wrong yet continues to do it. It makes me so angry and sad and stressed and words are too cheap to describe my exact feelings. I know for a fact she is going to get very angry at me for daring to tell her she isnā€™t perfect. I donā€™t know what she will do but I know it wonā€™t be positive. I may lose my phone, my tv, or my PlayStation, or something else. But it has to be done.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Happy to hear that you do not have a counselor or a teacher to talk to as they are under a very different set of rules now-a-days and it will all go even worst very quickly!

Bipolar disorders are anywhere from benign to extremely dangerous as one never knows to what level the rage side will go at any given moment. It is important to understand that reporting what is happening can result in the splitting-up of the family with the Court System overseeing what happens. That commonly is not a good thing as government oversight is just as screwed-up, if not worst.

The sad reality is that unless you are above 16 years of age in most States, you are stuck in this mess! Most Police Offices will speak to you in confidents, if you are above that age. But if you are under, they have to report it and that opens up to the courts.

Educate yourself regarding the Laws in your State regarding this subject and also the what they are watching regarding Bipolar disorders as the major News events in the lower 48 have ties to this group of disorders and government reactions are changing rapidly.

I am so very sorry that I cannot provide you more specific information.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Happy to hear that you do not have a counselor or a teacher to talk to as they are under a very different set of rules now-a-days and it will all go even worst very quickly!

Bipolar disorders are anywhere from benign to extremely dangerous as one never knows to what level the rage side will go at any given moment. It is important to understand that reporting what is happening can result in the splitting-up of the family with the Court System overseeing what happens. That commonly is not a good thing as government oversight is just as screwed-up, if not worst.

The sad reality is that unless you are above 16 years of age in most States, you are stuck in this mess! Most Police Offices will speak to you in confidents, if you are above that age. But if you are under, they have to report it and that opens up to the courts.

Educate yourself regarding the Laws in your State regarding this subject and also the what they are watching regarding Bipolar disorders as the major News events in the lower 48 have ties to this group of disorders and government reactions are changing rapidly.

I am so very sorry that I cannot provide you more specific information.
Thank you so much. I honestly plan to bring it up to her away from home so she canā€™t make a huge spectacle of me and have my dad back her up. I have been thinking about what to say. I have a feeling if I show my true emotions and cry (I cried yesterday even talking about it with my brother) she will maybe cave. I think I will say something like this:

Mom? I need to talk to you. About the way you treat the animals.

The way you treat them is inhumane and is not okay. Hitting them and screaming at them only makes things worse. They donā€™t understand why you do it. They only see it as random cruelty. What you are doing is very wrong and incredibly harmful to their mental and physical health. You have already done damage to bluā€™s mental health so much to where he perceives yelling and anger as normal (which he does. Any frustrated tone is ignored by him. A happy bubbly voice is what he perceives and will respond to) and that look you perceive as guilt is fear. You abuse him so much that he is scared of you. When you hit him and he pees, it is out of fear. Not malice. Your ā€œtrainingā€ isnā€™t beneficial in any way. It is harmful. Abuse. You acknowledge that what you are doing is wrong but you continue to do it. Can you tell me why you do it?ā€

She may explain or lose her mind at me.

If she explains, I will continue. If she gives the ā€œoh but they stop!ā€ Explanation, then I will deliver this response.

ā€œThat doesnā€™t help anything. It just makes you feel better. Your screaming and hitting does no good. It only makes them do it more as they donā€™t understand why you do what you do. They just see your violence as random. You say you hate them, that they should run away, that they are stupid f***ing dogs, so if you hate them so much, and treat them so horribly, why donā€™t you give them to a humane society?ā€

She will most likely say ā€œoh I donā€™t REALLY mean itā€ excuse

ā€œOkay, so if you donā€™t mean it, why donā€™t you change yourself? Because you are the only one making the issue worse. The violence, the screaming, the aggression, the hate. Itā€™s coming from somewhere. Somewhere within. And you take it out on the dogs. The very small dogs. Itā€™s no different than hitting and screaming at toddlers. What you are doing is not excusable. What you are doing is wrong. What you are doing doesnā€™t just affect the dogs. It affects everyone. It stresses out my brother, it freaks out our elderly cat, it makes our Manx (our 2nd cat) uncomfortable, it makes my dog feel like she did something wrong, it makes my brotherā€™s dog feel uneasy, it physically harms blu (the one she targets), it probably freaks out the smallest dog (the one she loves most), it makes Rico feel uncomfortable, and it makes me so sad and angry. It makes me feel so anxious that you will come into my room and take your remaining anger out on me. What you are doing harms everyone. And I donā€™t know if you know this but you are also hurting my brother and I. And I hope you change. I hope you think about this and change how you behave and treat the dogs. I hope you treat them right because what you do is wrong. reflect on yourself and find what is causing your built up anger and work on it and find a healthy outlet for it. Because yelling and hitting doesnā€™t solve the issue. It only makes things feel worse.ā€

And I know I will be sobbing the whole time because typing that up made me so teary eyed. But it comes from the heart. I hope itā€™s the wake up call that she needs. Because if she continues, I donā€™t know what I will do.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish that you did someone to talk to who is there close to you. It takes a lot to split up a family and I don't want you to be afraid to speak to someone about this issue.
But since you don't, it doesn't seem fair for it to be all on your shoulders. Please don't put yourself in harm's way by doing this. Obviously, I don't know your situation, but I don't want you to get in trouble.

I think that onamom was on the money in her post. Instead of making it about your mom, make it about your feelings, and the dogs feelings without being judgmental.

I'm Bi-polar, and before I was on meds that is how you would have gotten through to me.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish that you did someone to talk to who is there close to you. It takes a lot to split up a family and I don't want you to be afraid to speak to someone about this issue.
But since you don't, it doesn't seem fair for it to be all on your shoulders. Please don't put yourself in harm's way by doing this. Obviously, I don't know your situation, but I don't want you to get in trouble.

I think that onamom was on the money in her post. Instead of making it about your mom, make it about your feelings, and the dogs feelings without being judgmental.

I'm Bi-polar, and before I was on meds that is how you would have gotten through to me.
I suppose you and ona are right. I think I will talk to my mother about this next week since my cousin is coming in from Colorado on Wednesday and she does not need to be dragged into this whole mess. Sheā€™s only 8 or 9 I think? And my friend is good with psychology so I could show her this thread and formulate a sentence using the help here and her knowledge on human psychology. I really do appreciate all the help. Thank you so so much.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I suppose you and ona are right. I think I will talk to my mother about this next week since my cousin is coming in from Colorado on Wednesday and she does not need to be dragged into this whole mess. Sheā€™s only 8 or 9 I think? And my friend is good with psychology so I could show her this thread and formulate a sentence using the help here and her knowledge on human psychology. I really do appreciate all the help. Thank you so so much.
That's a great idea to have your friend help you with what to say, and also a good call to wait until your cousin is gone.
You got this:)

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
That's a great idea to have your friend help you with what to say, and also a good call to wait until your cousin is gone.
You got this:)
Yeah, she knows my mother too well. My mom split us up because ā€œshe was a bad influenceā€ because I would be tired after she left. So she knows firsthand how she behaves and how she rages.

Thank you so much. I know I have said it a lot but, Iā€™m just so grateful for all this help. It means a lot to me.

Mar 23, 2023
Parrots
Green Wing - Maxine
Conure - Apple
I would suggest making an anonymous call to Animal control, or having an intervention. You may have to use a bit of manipulation, but you could try telling her that if she doesn't get help, that once you move out on your own she will never see you again. She's not just abusive to the dog, but she delights in terrorizing it. She's also abusive to you as well and seems to enjoy that just as much.

Where is your dad in all this? Does he ever say anything to her? Whether he does or not, she needs some serious psychiatric help. I'm not trying to be insulting, but coming from someone who is bi-polar and schizophrenic among other things, she needs help quick. You could try having her involuntarily put in a local psychiatric ward for a 72 hour hold for examination. Just an idea.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I would suggest making an anonymous call to Animal control, or having an intervention. You may have to use a bit of manipulation, but you could try telling her that if she doesn't get help, that once you move out on your own she will never see you again. She's not just abusive to the dog, but she delights in terrorizing it. She's also abusive to you as well and seems to enjoy that just as much.

Where is your dad in all this? Does he ever say anything to her? Whether he does or not, she needs some serious psychiatric help. I'm not trying to be insulting, but coming from someone who is bi-polar and schizophrenic among other things, she needs help quick. You could try having her involuntarily put in a local psychiatric ward for a 72 hour hold for examination. Just an idea.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
If I make a call to animal control I know for sure I will be in some deep deep shiz. She may have never struck me before but whoā€™s to say she wonā€™t if I have her dogs taken away? She is unpredictable so I can take any risk there.

My mother loves manipulating my brother and I so, would a little emotional manipulation hurt? No. Itā€™d probably be more beneficial. And I know how to manipulate (my ex did it and my mother did it my whole life so I am pretty knowledgeable on manipulation and can smell it from a continent away) so I could probably get my tears to good use since I will be sobbing anyway.

Yeah, I plan on keeping low contact at most for communication because of how she is. I get little privacy, I get screamed at for things she did (like her abusing her dogs so badly that they pee everywhere in fear), she doesnā€™t respect me at all, and even less so when she found out i am not straight, she uses any chance she has to yell at me or to attack the dogs but more specifically the little fat one, she uses any excuse she can to go after my brother, and then wonders why we donā€™t give her the same respect that we do to our grandparents (who are far kinder and more reasonable). She definitely seems so have some sick pleasure in attacking a small, defenseless animal because of her behavior towards it.

My dad? He doesnā€™t say or do anything. He is an enabler to put it bluntly. He just sits on the bed and watches some sort of Andrew Tate wannabe. My dad is nearly as bad as my mom. Cant be civil, takes everything as an attack, mega homophobic, transphobic, racist (he is way worse than my mom). He is mega sexist, and is just as bad as my mom. The only thing I respect about him is he doesnā€™t come barging into the bathroom while Iā€™m showering! Heā€™s also antisemitic, Islamophobic, heā€™s a self proclaimed alpha male, he has a mega fragile ego and telling him he is remotely wrong about something is just so evil and a huge attack, he is quite literally a fascist (if you disagree with him he will do 1 of 3 things: ground you, attack you, or scream at you until you cry. He has only physically attacked my brother once and my brother was the one in trouble by my mom, not my father who PUT HIS HANDS ON HIS CHILD.), he is also just as emotionally abusive. So he and my mother are thick as thieves due to their similar personalities.

Believe me, I would love to get my mom some help but considering sheā€™s been brainwashed by the same idiots my dad has, she believes all form of healthcare is evil and should be condemned. Which is why I havenā€™t been to the doctor for a checkup since I was 5. The last time I went was because I had bronchitis the first time when I was 9 or when I was half deaf and had to go at 11 years old. I have had bronchitis 4 more times since. I havenā€™t been vaccinated since I was 5, I have not been to the dentist in like 3 years, I have just been told by my mother ā€œtake vitamins and zicam šŸ¤Ŗ itā€™s better than medicine!ā€ Countless times when I NEEDED to see a doctor(like when I got heatstroke last year and almost died. I barely got by on vitamins, ramen, and Powerade, Gatorade, and apple juice. No idea how I survived. Or that time when I was having a severe panic attack and I was just given vitamins and told to ā€œcalm downā€. Or that other time when I had a severe ear infection and went deaf in one ear for 6 months before we FINALLY went to get some sort of something.) so I honestly doubt she would ever get help. She is just too far gone to even THINK about *gasp* mental healthcare! And no one can force her to go. So I really hope blu (her living punching bag essentially) does what she wishes and runs away to a better home. I really do.

I hope I can get through to her and not get flipped out on and verbally abused again. I am honestly just so exhausted mentally and emotionally due to her and I am just so mad at her and disappointed. Iā€™m justā€¦ tired. I know sure as hell I need some sort of psychological help but I canā€™t get that until Iā€™m 18. She needs years of therapy and mental help though. She has given me issues for sure. Thank god I dont have her temper or her issues.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I absolutely HATE the fact I even have to type this but, here we are. We have 4 Italian greyhounds (they are no bigger than a cat) and my mom abuses them. One of them she seems to target. The one she seems to target is fatter than the others and pretty short. He has alopecia (no hair) and has lipomas on his body.

Every day she yells at and hits him when he does something wrong (like peeing or pooping on the floor) and then she takes it out on everyone else. But today was notably worse than any other day. She hit him so hard that he couldnā€™t get up on her bed. I was horrified when I heard this! Iā€™m horrified each time I hear her do this but this made me choke. And why did she abuse him so badly? He peed on her pillow. She kept screaming at him and he peed in fear and she continued to do this until he couldnā€™t pee anymore.

So, what can I do here? What do I tell her to get her to quit? How do I bring it up? I have two ultimatums in mind (change your ā€œtrainingā€ or give him up to a humane society) but just HOW do I get her to stop? Keep in mind im a minor and cannot do much aside from at least be civil (something she literally cannot do). Her yelling doesnā€™t affect JUST this dog, it affects everyone. It can give me mild anxiety attacks or at least give me a stress migraine, it makes my bird uncomfortable, my dog ends up thinking she did something wrong and becomes scared, she takes it out on my brother and I, it freaks out our elderly cat, it makes our other cat uneasy, and it makes the other two dogs upset. My brotherā€™s dog has VERY bad anxiety and her screaming can trigger his anxiety and cause him to pee everywhere in fear.

So please, please tell me what to do. My mother takes anything as a personal attack and cannot handle being told she is wrong or bad. She is very manipulative, power hungry, most likely has Bipolar disorder (her mother does so itā€™s not hard to assume she has it, especially based on her behavior), and she will most likely scream and rave and blow this out of proportion to everyone else when she spreads very personal conversations to everyone in the family and her social medias, and she is almost guaranteed to ground me but I donā€™t care. I want these small dogs to be treated right. They arenā€™t humans and they donā€™t think like them. And even if they did, you donā€™t treat people how she treats the dogs, specifically the bald fat one.
You say you are a minor but you seem very mature so I assume you are in your mid teens. Based on what you have said, you and your animals are living in an abusive environment and are pretty powerless to do anything about it now, but turning eighteen isn't too far away and at that age you can move out into your own or a shared apartment or house. Keep your eye on that goal and begin to plan your escape. When you can get a part time job, start by saving as much money as you can so you can afford to move out and take some of the animals with you, including the poor, abused Italian greyhound. In the meantime, try to lean a bit more on your grandparents and most definitely seek counseling at school if those kinds of resources are available to you.
You sound incredibly strong for a young person who has been emotionally abused most of your life. Do NOT blame yourself for your parents' failure to nurture you. Nurture yourself above anything else and keep your eye on the prize- a living situation at eighteen free from all the toxicity in your home. You've survived this long and I believe you can keep it up for a few more years.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
You say you are a minor but you seem very mature so I assume you are in your mid teens. Based on what you have said, you and your animals are living in an abusive environment and are pretty powerless to do anything about it now, but turning eighteen isn't too far away and at that age you can move out into your own or a shared apartment or house. Keep your eye on that goal and begin to plan your escape. When you can get a part time job, start by saving as much money as you can so you can afford to move out and take some of the animals with you, including the poor, abused Italian greyhound. In the meantime, try to lean a bit more on your grandparents and most definitely seek counseling at school if those kinds of resources are available to you.
You sound incredibly strong for a young person who has been emotionally abused most of your life. Do NOT blame yourself for your parents' failure to nurture you. Nurture yourself above anything else and keep your eye on the prize- a living situation at eighteen free from all the toxicity in your home. You've survived this long and I believe you can keep it up for a few more years.
Thank you so so SO much. A lot of this I have thought about but never in different perspectives.

When I am 18, my friend and I plan to band together and move into an apartment. We are the bestest of friends (literal sisters from different misters) and have thought about this since I think maybe September? We both know what we are gonna do with our lives and we have jobs before our careers scoped out. She is already working because her dad had signed a paper to allow her to work.

I have planned out what to bring already and I seem happy with it:

Pets, bed, tv, game consoles, clothes, plushies, all of Ricoā€™s stuff (including his toy chest), my book chest, a few bags (2 backpacks and one giant Ecuador bag that my dad gave me when I was like 8 and I have used for ages),a few of my paintings, alarm clock, my cameras and the equipment, my fan, lamp, my taxidermied tails, and my 2 tables. just my things of significant or sentimental value really. I donā€™t want them being sold or left here to rot. and it is a lot of what is in my room too so yeah!

I would take blu if I could but I know I would be in some legal trouble for it. So I canā€™t really do that. Not to mention my friend and I will have to support 3 animals already (Rico, my dog, and her cat) so it might be a lot pricier to support a dog who has medical issues while trying to support a dog who always tries to die at every turn, a cat who has fur thicker than tar, and an exotic animal who has a temper and is very picky with things that arenā€™t pellets. Blu has alopecia, he is overweight, he already has lipomas on his body, I would guess he will develop fatty liver, possibly even diabetes (if some dogs can get that, idk Iā€™m not really educated on the ins and outs of dogs. Just psittacines!), and my friend and I will not be able to support all the vet bill needed for him considering he hardly goes to the vet now. And 2/3 of our animals are going to be an a relatively pricey diet (Rico will be on some Lafeberā€™s or roudybush pellets along with some seeb, and her cat is on a raw diet ) since secret will eat most dog foods and be fine.

Iā€™m in homeschooling so, no counselors since Iā€™m mostly stuck in isolation (I can go out to the gas station or the park but I cannot see friends, I cannot talk to the opposite gender, Iā€™m not allowed to talk to anyone who is not straight or cisgender, and I canā€™t talk to goths, emos, those who arenā€™t Christian or atheist, and talking to other races is discouraged by my dad. They donā€™t like different people, including me šŸ¤ ) I canā€™t really do much.

Thankfully I recognize itā€™s not my fault that they behave that way. Itā€™s their fault. They chose to have a kid (I was an accident though. They have said it to my face. ā€œUnexpected gift from godā€ ā€œhappy little accidentā€ ā€œunexpected gift of the angelsā€.), they chose to treat their kids the way they did, they chose to get the dogs themselves, they chose to treat them the way they do, and now here we are. All of this is their own fault. Not mine. They do try and blame me for their failure but I know for a fact it wasnā€™t my fault. Like oh yeah, Iā€™m sorry I made you enjoy attacking your dogs that you bought a with your own money and terrorizing them until they pee everywhere in fear. Yeah, sorry, my fault. Like what?

I really do appreciate this though, itā€™s a great reminder to keep my eye on the golden prize - getting the duck outta here.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Thank you so so SO much. A lot of this I have thought about but never in different perspectives.

When I am 18, my friend and I plan to band together and move into an apartment. We are the bestest of friends (literal sisters from different misters) and have thought about this since I think maybe September? We both know what we are gonna do with our lives and we have jobs before our careers scoped out. She is already working because her dad had signed a paper to allow her to work.

I have planned out what to bring already and I seem happy with it:

Pets, bed, tv, game consoles, clothes, plushies, all of Ricoā€™s stuff (including his toy chest), my book chest, a few bags (2 backpacks and one giant Ecuador bag that my dad gave me when I was like 8 and I have used for ages),a few of my paintings, alarm clock, my cameras and the equipment, my fan, lamp, my taxidermied tails, and my 2 tables. just my things of significant or sentimental value really. I donā€™t want them being sold or left here to rot. and it is a lot of what is in my room too so yeah!

I would take blu if I could but I know I would be in some legal trouble for it. So I canā€™t really do that. Not to mention my friend and I will have to support 3 animals already (Rico, my dog, and her cat) so it might be a lot pricier to support a dog who has medical issues while trying to support a dog who always tries to die at every turn, a cat who has fur thicker than tar, and an exotic animal who has a temper and is very picky with things that arenā€™t pellets. Blu has alopecia, he is overweight, he already has lipomas on his body, I would guess he will develop fatty liver, possibly even diabetes (if some dogs can get that, idk Iā€™m not really educated on the ins and outs of dogs. Just psittacines!), and my friend and I will not be able to support all the vet bill needed for him considering he hardly goes to the vet now. And 2/3 of our animals are going to be an a relatively pricey diet (Rico will be on some Lafeberā€™s or roudybush pellets along with some seeb, and her cat is on a raw diet ) since secret will eat most dog foods and be fine.

Iā€™m in homeschooling so, no counselors since Iā€™m mostly stuck in isolation (I can go out to the gas station or the park but I cannot see friends, I cannot talk to the opposite gender, Iā€™m not allowed to talk to anyone who is not straight or cisgender, and I canā€™t talk to goths, emos, those who arenā€™t Christian or atheist, and talking to other races is discouraged by my dad. They donā€™t like different people, including me šŸ¤ ) I canā€™t really do much.

Thankfully I recognize itā€™s not my fault that they behave that way. Itā€™s their fault. They chose to have a kid (I was an accident though. They have said it to my face. ā€œUnexpected gift from godā€ ā€œhappy little accidentā€ ā€œunexpected gift of the angelsā€.), they chose to treat their kids the way they did, they chose to get the dogs themselves, they chose to treat them the way they do, and now here we are. All of this is their own fault. Not mine. They do try and blame me for their failure but I know for a fact it wasnā€™t my fault. Like oh yeah, Iā€™m sorry I made you enjoy attacking your dogs that you bought a with your own money and terrorizing them until they pee everywhere in fear. Yeah, sorry, my fault. Like what?

I really do appreciate this though, itā€™s a great reminder to keep my eye on the golden prize - getting the duck outta here.
Thank YOU for reassuring me that you have a plan to escape and break the cycle of abuse. The world outside your home offers unlimited possibilities for personal growth and happiness, and it's clear from your messages that see that. Promise us you will take good care of yourself and your critters!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thank YOU for reassuring me that you have a plan to escape and break the cycle of abuse. The world outside your home offers unlimited possibilities for personal growth and happiness, and it's clear from your messages that see that. Promise us you will take good care of yourself and your critters!
I can already smell my freedom! I promise to whatever holy being may exist that I will take care of my animals and all who may need help on the way. I swear I will take care of myself and get away from here. Thinking about my soon to be freedom reminds me of the song ā€œOnce in a Dreamā€ by In The City.

Most Reactions

Latest posts