Jeff is gone

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, โ™€ GCC (Green Demon)
I once saw a video of someone who caught a wild budgie. What they did was put their own parakeets in a smaller cage inside a larger cage. Therefore as the budgie approached his friends, he entered the larger cage - and then shut the door.

I think this didn't work so they then tried having the birds inside and leaving the screen door open. The budgie had to get inside the house to find his buddies - then close the door before he could fly out. Having other budgies is the best way to catch a budgie. Hoping you can catch him soon ! <3

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Pipp, I am so sorry. It is so positive that you are seeing him, and I pray he comes home to you soon.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
He is out of sight again. It is getting cold and I have little strength left. I will take a short break. I think he's gone a bit further because he no longer responds to me, or I just can't hear it.

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Have you read through this thread? There are a lot of great suggestions there that may help:

Bring Them Home! Tips On Locating A Lost Bird

Birds are more resilient than we give them credit for sometimes. There was a lost lovebird here once, and he spent half the winter outside in below zero temps before he was caught and returned to his owners.

Briburd

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 25, 2021
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Mojito the green cheek conure
If it gives you any bit of hope my neighbor said one day a year or so ago a budgie just flew right up to her in their yard and she still is caring for it . Also my old boss helped rescue a cockatiel hanging around in a parking lot and still has it as a pet too. Like I mentioned before Facebook lost and found pets is a good page to turn to because there is a good chance someone could just have her and not sure how to find the owner.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Play budgies sounds really loud from. Your phone. I just found some happy budgies sounds on you tube and played really loud for an hour and the escaped budgie blue boy showed up and circled me.
Wishing you the best don't give up! Tosse seeds out on the ground too they recognize them when flying over or might food wild bird back to your yard to find them

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Play budgies sounds really loud from. Your phone. I just found some happy budgies sounds on you tube and played really loud for an hour and the escaped budgie blue boy showed up and circled me.
Wishing you the best don't give up! Tosse seeds out on the ground too they recognize them when flying over or might food wild bird back to your yard to find them
Thanks Laura... will try tomorrow morning. I'm going to church tomorrow(no choice) so I'll be leaving Jeff... ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Jeff has been sighted a few streets away. The house owner(s) will look tomorrow. If I wake up early, me and my grandma will go look around for him. I'm literally jumping with joy!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Jeff has been sighted a few streets away. The house owner(s) will look tomorrow. If I wake up early, me and my grandma will go look around for him. I'm literally jumping with joy!!
Oh Pipp, I so hope that either the neighbours or you and your Grandma capture him tomorrow!
Sending all my prayers, and every bit of good wishes that I possess.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I hope you can find Jeff and bring him back home. Youโ€™ve got by lots of good suggestions; I canโ€™t think of better to tell you. Hang in there! Also maybe you could have an announcement at your church that your bird is missing? Or put up a sign on the bulletin board?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sending you strength to be able to continue with your search, and praying that today brings your sweet little man home to you, Pipp! ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
What should I do once I catch him? Should I take him to a vet? I don't want to stress him out too much... I think I will isolate him for a few weeks just incase he caught an illness. I will also maybe put a heat source near him, like boiling water next to him cage to warm him up because it was (and still is) quite cold. There is no rain yet, I hope it doesn't rain until we get Jeff back.

Most Reactions

Latest posts