dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Greetings, everyone! I'm a relatively recent (early August) Black-Headed Caique owner. Well, no--that's not right...she owns me! Her name is Eliza, and she's three years old.

She would like me to mention that training is going very well: I pretty much do everything she wants me to... ;)

(Incidentally, if at any time during the course of this introductory message it looks as though I've suddenly lapsed into Serbo-Croatian, it's because she can't resist the temptation of my keyboard any longer...)

In any event, I'm delighted to have discovered this forum, and I'm looking forward to learning from other owners, and sharing my own experiences as well.

Best wishes to all,
Derek (and Eliza)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
LOL this introduction message made me laugh, Eliza sounds like a riot :p

Welcome to the forum!!

Would love to see pictures :)

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Here's a photo of Eliza. In this instance, she's making the distressing (for her) discovery that, while ships can be put in bottles, Caiques simply don't quite fit...;)

dskidd-albums-eliza-photos-picture6056-2012-08-06-15-05-08.jpg

Julie86

Dec 2, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
Khaleesi, Mulga Hen Australian Parakeet-hd: 10/29/12
Maximus, Male Pearl Cockatiel-hd: 1/30/13
Lady, Lutino Hen
Cockatiel-hd: 11/?/13
Welcome, I have recently joined the forums myself! I love reading all there is! Its been great so far :)

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Thank you Julie, and yes I absolutely agree--these forums are wonderful. Along with my various reference books, the forums are an invaluable source of information regarding behavior traits, health, etc. Plus I love reading the funny experiences people have with their respective birds!

By the way, lest any members see that photo of Eliza and are tempted to post "Um...it's not really a good idea to let your bird chew on glass," rest assured that Eliza's next distressing discovery (immediately after that photo was taken) was that mean ol' Dad actually won't let her go anywhere she wants or let her do anything she feels like doing without some sort of supervision! :)

Best to all,
Derek

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum. Just keep in mind they are usually two or three steps ahead of you and also more determined and consistent when it come to training their servants to do exactlly what they want:)

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Two or three steps?! Most of the time, I feel like Eliza has lapped me several times in a Ferrari while I'm struggling to get my Yugo out of second gear!
:)
Derek

PS Thank you for the welcome!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male