Budgiebaby

Apr 10, 2022
Fontana, CA
Parrots
Budgie
Hello all!
I'm really backed into a corner here and I figured this would be as good a place to ask as any- does anyone have any advice for rehoming a budgie? Particularly in southern california / fontana/san bernardino/la area?

I have reached out to any and all parrot rescues, bird sanctuaries, bird clubs, and aviary societies i could possibly find through the internet, social media, and even reccomendations from some of the rescues i reached out to and aboutely NO. ONE will take a surrendered budgie. No family or friends can take the bird either.

I'm hesitant to resort to putting up adoption ads or trying places like facebook/craigslist because i truly care that this bird finds a good home, but im at my wits end. Ive been searching for a home for this bird since december and it is now april. Any advice on what to do from this point onwards is much appreciated.

Apologies in advance if posting like this isnt allowed !

Bluberrytheparakeet

Mar 21, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Bluberry - Female Parakeet
Mr. Squiggles - Male Parakeet
I would take one? I am in NW florida though! I could be a awesome home. I would just need to know more about the bird and any issues it has. I have one lone female parakeet, I can show you the cage setup and diets and everything

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Hello all!
I'm really backed into a corner here and I figured this would be as good a place to ask as any- does anyone have any advice for rehoming a budgie? Particularly in southern california / fontana/san bernardino/la area?

I have reached out to any and all parrot rescues, bird sanctuaries, bird clubs, and aviary societies i could possibly find through the internet, social media, and even reccomendations from some of the rescues i reached out to and aboutely NO. ONE will take a surrendered budgie. No family or friends can take the bird either.

I'm hesitant to resort to putting up adoption ads or trying places like facebook/craigslist because i truly care that this bird finds a good home, but im at my wits end. Ive been searching for a home for this bird since december and it is now april. Any advice on what to do from this point onwards is much appreciated.

Apologies in advance if posting like this isnt allowed !
I truly hope you find a good home for your bird and it shows you really care about your budgie.
Going about it through Craigslist ads is not the worse thing actually! If you execute your ad in a good way!
I would set a reasonable rehoming fee, maybe schedule a meeting with the person first, and maybe do a house visit if you so wish! Even something like asking for a video rundown of the cage your bird would be in. Test them! See what they know and what they don't, but being kind about it! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts