suitable tree??

mcdougle

Apr 18, 2013
Plymouth
been on this forum about 5 minutes so hoping this is the right place to ask this question lol

are the Stags Horn/Sumach (Rhus Typhina) trees poisonus to any kind of parrot or simmilar bird?

i'v had one in my garden for as long as i can remember, but i was thinking it is a really fast growing and can be pruned right back to a stump and keep growing so would be good for provoding some foliage, multiple sized perches, and something they could destroy that would quickly regenerate, the question though is if the sap is toxic to the birds?, we have always had wild birds, and our ducks for that matter around and in our tree without any harm but differen't birds obviously react differently to differen't things?

the plan was in the future to build an averie around one or plant one in an averie!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
It's safe for your bird(s), though some humans do develop an allergic reaction.....

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum and is that Plymouth Mass?:)

OP
M

mcdougle

Apr 18, 2013
Plymouth
McDougle, one of the other members has posted a couple of lists...yesterday actually...that you might be interested in, though most everything is in common names.....

http://www.parrotforums.com/general...afe-fresh-foods-toxic-food-lists-sprouts.html

When I saw her thread, I added a couple of other things that are safe for our feathered friends.....

Thanks, i dont actualy have any of my own birds yet, but hoping when i get the money together, to get a pair of golden conures/queen of baveria conures but this info will deffinatly come in handy

Most Reactions

Latest posts