so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
See? I KNEW it! Your government drone is in fact spying on you and using devices to do so. Case closed, birds arenā€™t real.

But in all seriousness though, thatā€™s a bit crazy! How long have you had her? Iā€™m gonna assume a few years to make this little hypothesis theory thingy I dunno I ainā€™t a scientist.

Anyway, if I were to guess, Iā€™d say she has seen and heard you do things enough and she can predict it far before you realize. Itā€™s kinda like you you can predict when your bird will poop or fluff out their feathers. Like, have you noticed when you try to towel your bird to trim their nails, they INSTANTLY know what you are trying to do before you even make it obvious? They can read you like a book and once they see your body language change even the slightest bit and it matches something you did/do, they may predict it that way.
Bella has been with us since November 2016.
It stands to reason that they would learn how to read human body language since it is so important in bird/bird communication.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
I don't often have dreams about my birds nor do I really remember them, but I did last night.
It was weird, as my dreams normally are. It was stressful at time because Nautilus was loose outside/kept escaping (he's fully flighted), I remember herding him inside the house. Then later on I learnt that he apparently knew how to step up (he does not irl). Thinking about it while awake I also feel like my mind smooshed Quarter's personality into Naut's body, Nautilus looked just like Quarter when he steps up.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't often have dreams about my birds nor do I really remember them, but I did last night.
It was weird, as my dreams normally are. It was stressful at time because Nautilus was loose outside/kept escaping (he's fully flighted), I remember herding him inside the house. Then later on I learnt that he apparently knew how to step up (he does not irl). Thinking about it while awake I also feel like my mind smooshed Quarter's personality into Naut's body, Nautilus looked just like Quarter when he steps up.
that sounds like a terrible dream! More like a nightmare!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I had a dream last night with Bingo.
It was more about his cage really.
In the back corner there was a bar that was loose or bent. When I went to look/fix it , the bar in question had the consistency of a licorice stick.
so I removed the one piece of bar thinking the gap would not be too bad.
But it was too big and everything I did just made the hole in his cage bigger to the point he could climb right out of his cage.
then I woke up.

disappointing, leaving things unresolved like that.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I had a dream last night with Bingo.
It was more about his cage really.
In the back corner there was a bar that was loose or bent. When I went to look/fix it , the bar in question had the consistency of a licorice stick.
so I removed the one piece of bar thinking the gap would not be too bad.
But it was too big and everything I did just made the hole in his cage bigger to the point he could climb right out of his cage.
then I woke up.

disappointing, leaving things unresolved like that.
Surprised I didnā€™t get the notif for this! Anyway, this is such an interesting and bizarre dream. So, the bar was just wiggly? Like, bingo could just chomp through it? That sounds quite scary!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
So I recently remembered some nightmares and I had a dream last night that I want to share here:

So last nightā€™s dream:

I heard a tapping on my window, and I got up and looked outside and the baby moose from April was at my window again. It was summer but there was thigh deep snow on the ground like the winter from last year. He was staring at me through the window, begging for food. So, I grabbed a bean bag chair, and some apple zingers (the crappy off brand of that one apple cinnamon fruit loops looking cereal) and I just gave it apple zingers while Rico and cricket stared at me, betrayed I didnā€™t give them the apple zingers. The mooseā€™s eyes turned white and began glowing. It trotted off, the snow retreating as he left, almost as if he brought the snow. It was absolutely bizarre.

The random dream from 2021

So I had just rediscovered L4D2 after like 6 years right? So, my best friend and I had played it until 2 AM, and we went to sleep and the dream began.

I woke up in the Dead Center Atrium, the Jimmy Gibbs stock car was just chilling on its display, there were no infected I could see, and it was just quiet. Until I heard the one growl you NEVER want to hear in Left 4 Dead. I turned around and the hunter leapt off the elevator shaft, screaming itā€™s iconic scream, and began running around on all fours (if youā€™ve never played L4D2, think quadrobics) and I jumped on its back and I was now riding the hunterā€™s back like a horse. The hunter was just jumping around and freaking out since it was literally a zombie who does and did parkour. It jumped onto the stock car and it died, falling over and making its classic ā€œyipeā€ death sound. I was sad and then I woke up. Never felt so sad and confused over a dream.

The nightmares.

So, I recently remembered the horrible nightmares about my birds and good god are they terrible.

So, the oldest one I can remember was about a week after Iceā€™s passing. The whole day I was crying, wishing I could change everything, wishing for Ice and Tea to come back, and having really bad thoughts. I fell asleep and I had a nightmare that rattled me to my core.

I went into my room and I saw Ice and Teaā€™s cage where it first was when they came home. The water was dirty and they had no food. Their cage was fairly barren, having only a few dowels and their food and water, and they were their reanimated corpses. Their eyes had sunken in, you could see their bones under their skin, they had skin that had rotted off in some places, and they looked like theyā€™d been dead a while. ā€œWhy wonā€™t you play with us?ā€ ā€œWhy donā€™t you love us?ā€ ā€œAre we wrong?ā€ ā€œPlay with me.ā€ Is all what they said as their stared at me through the bars. I began crying and covering my ears. I left the room but I could still hear them in my head. I woke up sobbing and I never wished to bring them back. Honestly, it made my depression far worse and I didnā€™t really want to live anymore. Then I got Rico and I have been happier since.

Escaping the car?

So, I donā€™t fully remember this dream but Iā€™ll do my best to retell what I can remember:

We had to flee the house to go to a hotel that looked like the Chuck E. Cheese in anchorage (I went there sometimes when I was little) and I also had a Quaker parrot for some reason and Rico escaped through the car sunroof after the Quaker opened it while I was trying to put Rico in his carrier. Rico flew onto a window ledge and didnā€™t come back. Until he saw his favorite snackā€¦ salt and vinegar pringles. He came down and I brought him back into the car. I put him in his carrier but he turned into a phoenix and burned the cage. I donā€™t remember the rest though.

Escaping into the winter darkness

Rico was flying around and then he got out of the back door and he flew onto the snowy roof. He was up there while I freaked out and tried luring him down. He told me to ā€œf**k offā€ and he promptly pooped. I said ā€œokayā€ and pretended to ignore him. He got mad and flew down to my head to rip up my scalp. I took him inside and then I woke up.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I just reminded an interesting dream...
Have you ever had a dream and later you realize that in the future your dream will be true? I mean - dreaming about something before learning about existence of the thing you dreamed about.
It happened to me. Two times I dreamed that there was made a live action adaptation of "How to train your dragon". Few weeks later I read news that such movie is in early development. (It's interesting how I dreamed about it before the announcement)

From bird dreams:
I had two bird dreams recently... I was considering writing them earlier but I forgot because it's nothing special
One of them was that Zenek learnt how to enter Bourkes cage.... and Angela's - she was still alive. He went inside there and stood next to Angela (for some weird reason they were the same size). He left the cage and I think he returned soon. In this way he showed the Bourkes how to escape the cage and Jaś escaped. Because of it I was late to work because I had to do something with Jaś šŸ˜

The next night I had another bird dream... it was very weird - it began like it was a game - everything was real but I knew nothing is real and I had a mission which I had no idea how to do complete because I didn't study enough. So I decided just to escape from the room. Later I got a message that I didn't complete the mission correctly. I wanted to return home (?) but there were few people standing who wanted to stop me. And it's the weird moment - because suddenly out of nowhere "universe" was changed - instead of humans we all were macawsšŸ¤£ I got very angry at the parrots which stopped my way home and I started telling that nobody likes me and it's enough for me

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Bruh last night I had a dream that I was in a boxing match against the l4d2 smoker and the L4D tank was the referee. The smoker got mad that he kept losing and so he began strangling me like homer does to Bart in the Simpsons, and the tank referee got so mad that he pummeld both of us into the ground, then went on a rampage in the crowd, and beat everyone in his reach. I need to chill out with playing l4d2, donā€™t I?

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I frequently dream about Transformers, as I am a huuuuuge TF fanatic (Seriously - my toy collection is over 300 individuals, and that excludes the other stuff like comics and an empty coke can....). I often dream that i'm creating a starship that is supposed to save both Transformers and Humans from Earth's destruction. I get down to details... like how many people per room and the name of the ship, where the Transformers will live, how much air we need, yadda yadda yadda... and Where on Earth is Optimus Prime? Sometimes i even bring my birds along. They have really cool cages, or an aviary.

Yeah... I have a typical artist's mind, LOL!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I frequently dream about Transformers, as I am a huuuuuge TF fanatic (Seriously - my toy collection is over 300 individuals, and that excludes the other stuff like comics and an empty coke can....). I often dream that i'm creating a starship that is supposed to save both Transformers and Humans from Earth's destruction. I get down to details... like how many people per room and the name of the ship, where the Transformers will live, how much air we need, yadda yadda yadda... and Where on Earth is Optimus Prime? Sometimes i even bring my birds along. They have really cool cages, or an aviary.

Yeah... I have a typical artist's mind, LOL!
That sounds so cool! I donā€™t know anything about transformers but I am familiar with what they are (my aunt LOOOVES transformers and has pins, figures, and charms). That sounds super awesome though!

Also, 300+ figures?! HUH?! You definitely LOVE transformers haha

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
My dream overnight was about aliens... we were minding our business as a society when aliens came down en mass and started... brainwashing people? Then we were herded/escaped into a store-like building/mall where we kept getting abducted. There was something about little glass capsules.. people with them got abducted first? I did a lot of running in the dream. Then SURPRISE! It was all a joke!

Ye Gods I have a weird mind... I have to lay off the sci fi comics for a while, LOL!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My dream overnight was about aliens... we were minding our business as a society when aliens came down en mass and started... brainwashing people? Then we were herded/escaped into a store-like building/mall where we kept getting abducted. There was something about little glass capsules.. people with them got abducted first? I did a lot of running in the dream. Then SURPRISE! It was all a joke!

Ye Gods I have a weird mind... I have to lay off the sci fi comics for a while, LOL!
That is really interesting! Thatā€™d make a really good book too! Ever considered being a writer? If you made stories based on your dreams, you could make BANK from it!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Well, last night I had a dream (shocking, I know). And it wasā€¦ it was something.

So basically a nuke went off on earth and I was stuck in a bunker for years, surviving on stale chips, canned beans, and old turkey jerky. Then, when I exited the bunker, the world was a wasteland. I dunno how to describe it to give you a good idea of what it looks like, think ARK: Extinction wastelands.

Like this:
F077BE6A-3ADB-473F-8627-CA8A4E99532D.jpeg
0F09BFFB-4D76-430D-A51D-096235038FFA.jpeg
2541D00B-A047-4DF5-AF93-54AA0F1642C6.jpeg

This is the best example of what it looked like.

Anyway, and I walked around and heard nothing but the breeze. I saw no life. It was just, empty. I had an oxygen tank on with a mask attached to provide oxygen, and I explored the wasteland. i approached a terminal and I saw a button that said ā€œDO NOT TOUCH ME! YOU WILL BE SENT TO SPACE.ā€ And I obviously pressed it. Nothing happened. I waited. And waited. Until a plane arrived, blowing sand everywhere. I boarded it, and the plane had flickering lights, busted lights that sparked, and everything looked run down. I sat in a seat and stared out the window as the empty plane took off. And the plane continued to ascend. Going upā€¦ higher and higher. Until it left earthā€™s atmosphere and was now in the deep void of space. Then, there was a loud creak at the back of the plane. I slowly turned my head to look, and I saw a shadow behind the tattered curtains in the doorway. I stared in horror as the curtains parted, and a moose with blood trickling from its mouth poked its head out, its hoof through the doorway. It lifted its upper lip, revealing dagger-like teeth, covered in fresh blood. Itā€™s eyes were white and had no shine to them. It slowly hobbled out of the doorway, revealing how deathly thin it was, it looked like a zombie. I stood up from my seat and ran to the front of the plane. The moose followed, now smiling and cackling. I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in. I listened in terror as I heard Thumthumthumā€¦.thum thumā€¦ thum thum thumthumā€¦THUMā€¦THUMā€¦THUMā€¦ā€¦.THUM. Then the breathing at the door. I looked through the peephole and it was standing at the door, grinning and staring blankly at the door. Then, it began kicking in the door. I busted out the bathroom window and took a free fall as the moose snarled. I then woke up. This is why you donā€™t watch videos of angry moose before bed šŸ„°

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I know that the question about writing stories based on dreams wasn't to me... but this reminded me one dream - and it's the only dream I've had after which I made an art based on it.

Years ago I created own stories (they weren't based on any dreams, also they never were written, I just prefer plot details keeping for myself). Because I was keeping making up new events for years, I also had dreams based on this universe... once time I dreamed about a new version of it - the main character had a dragon instead of parrots (more precisely a night fury from "How to train your dragon") and she was flying on it. Thanks to it the general events weren't as bad as the original version - normally she and her best friends had enemies who often were stronger than them but if to put a dragon instead of parrots... the enemies would be too afraid to keep attacking/teasing.
The image for the dream:
img_20230108_192529-png.46833

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I know that the question about writing stories based on dreams wasn't to me... but this reminded me one dream - and it's the only dream I've had after which I made an art based on it.

Years ago I created own stories (they weren't based on any dreams, also they never were written, I just prefer plot details keeping for myself). Because I was keeping making up new events for years, I also had dreams based on this universe... once time I dreamed about a new version of it - the main character had a dragon instead of parrots (more precisely a night fury from "How to train your dragon") and she was flying on it. Thanks to it the general events weren't as bad as the original version - normally she and her best friends had enemies who often were stronger than them but if to put a dragon instead of parrots... the enemies would be too afraid to keep attacking/teasing.
The image for the dream:
img_20230108_192529-png.46833
Oh wow! Thatā€™s a really good night fury! I used to watch httyd as a kid, I LOVED those movies. That dream is rather strange. Weā€™re the parrots massive , or just normal sized? Did they have bazookas?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I played left 4 dead again (shocking, I know) and as you could probably guess, I had another L4D dream šŸ’…šŸ¤Ŗ

So I was a L4D2 hunter and I saw Francis (l4d1) saying ā€œI love helicopters! I love them so much!ā€ And since he ALWAYS has HATED helicopters in the game, I got so mad, I jumped down, beat him with a stick, and shoved him into a helicopter. I called over a tank and the tank immediately flipped the helicopter into a lake. The tank then started picking up concrete chunks out of thin air, and flinging it. I jumped up onto a three story tall building and watched the tank lose his mind. Coach l4d2 got his hands on a burger and leveled up? I dunno how to explain it but he was built like a tank and fought the tank, cheeseburger in hand. He threw the tank into the lake and scaled the building, then pushed me off the roof. I hit the ground and just sat there, angrily. Then, Francis just strolls out of the water. ā€œArgh, I hate helicopters. I think I hate them more than scabby vampires. Anyway, good thing Iā€™m indestructible.ā€ He then just walks away and coach follows him, yelling ā€œTHEY AINT VAMPIRES, THEY ARE ZOMBIES YOU ABSOLUTE NINCOMPOOP!ā€ I got up and just walked away. I went to the concert on the Dark Carnival map and sat on one of the stage lights. I caught a roach and ate it, then I watched as some random people who arenā€™t even in L4D stroll in. The three looked similar to the people I absolutely despise, and they started the concert. Instead of Midnight Ride playing on the speakers, the worst song in the world began playingā€¦ baby by Justin beeber. I gouged my ears out, then I attacked those people just as the L4D hunter does because, well, I was the Hunter. I incapacitated all three of them, then I destroyed the wires to end the song. Then I woke up. Best dream EVER.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Oh wow! Thatā€™s a really good night fury! I used to watch httyd as a kid, I LOVED those movies. That dream is rather strange. Weā€™re the parrots massive , or just normal sized? Did they have bazookas?
I don't really understand your question, there were no parrots in that dream

The art is just a lazy remake of Hiccup flying on Toothless... I just replaced him with my character and "fixed" the dragon's tail to note it isn't supposed to be Toothless but his alike. So, it's nothing special

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't really understand your question, there were no parrots in that dream

The art is just a lazy remake of Hiccup flying on Toothless... I just replaced him with my character and "fixed" the dragon's tail to note it isn't supposed to be Toothless but his alike. So, it's nothing special
Oops, I definitely missed some things when reading. nvm then haha

It looks really good though! Especially the head, wings, and tail!

Most Reactions

Latest posts