Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
That cage is horrendous, I wouldnt even think of putting that poor bird back in to it.

He kinda has to until he gets a new one. The cage came with him.

Very pretty bird !!

What kind of cage do you have for your B&G?

Here is the one I use. LOVE IT It is really huge

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-Silverado-Dometop-3155S/dp/B000TZ3P6W/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1456325338&sr=8-27&keywords=large+parrot+cage"]Amazon.com : Prevue Pet Products Silverado Macaw Dometop Cage 3155S Silverado 46-Inch by 36-Inch by 78-1/4-Inch : Macaw Bird Cage : Pet Supplies[/ame]

OP
V

Valentino

Feb 23, 2016
Missouri
Parrots
Valentino - 10 yr. old Harlequin Macaw (02/14/2006)
He kinda has to until he gets a new one. The cage came with him.

Very pretty bird !!

What kind of cage do you have for your B&G?

Here is the one I use. LOVE IT It is really huge

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-Silverado-Dometop-3155S/dp/B000TZ3P6W/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1456325338&sr=8-27&keywords=large+parrot+cage"]Amazon.com : Prevue Pet Products Silverado Macaw Dometop Cage 3155S Silverado 46-Inch by 36-Inch by 78-1/4-Inch : Macaw Bird Cage : Pet Supplies[/ame]

Funny, that was the cage I was considering purchasing before I got him. What's really funny about this whole thing is I was talking to a rescue in Missouri about adopting an Eclectus before Valentino fell into my lap. This cage was the one I was going to purchase for her, if I didn't take the one she was already in.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
It's not a bad price and lots of room. So far he has not taken the food dishes out and dumped them. I have had to put a secure lock on the outside because he did figure the lock out but took a year lol

Make sure any new cage you buy you run your hand across all bars. There was some sharp drops of paint and i broke them off but would have poked them. They also send touch up paint with it

OP
V

Valentino

Feb 23, 2016
Missouri
Parrots
Valentino - 10 yr. old Harlequin Macaw (02/14/2006)
Wayfair.com sells that same cage, and I have a $50 gift card from Christmas to there :p Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight when I get off work lol!

So is there any relevant use for that round cage, putting it in my bedroom or something at night time maybe? Or should I just try and get rid of it on Craigstlist? Even if I made $20 off of it I'd be money ahead at this point lol!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
The video jersey Wendy posted is about the only good use for it. I wouldn't use it for anything except planting flowers and putting on a table on my porch.

I actually have my zon in a macaw cage. When I assembled it ($100 off craigslist) I stood up inside it and could put one arm straight out and one almost from the elbow. I think mine is about 3' x 4'

Moose

Feb 17, 2016
I actually have my zon in a macaw cage. When I assembled it ($100 off craigslist) I stood up inside it and could put one arm straight out and one almost from the elbow. I think mine is about 3' x 4'

I bet that Zon is in heaven. I'm thinking about buying a macaw cage no matter what I end up with.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
She doesn't use most of it I swear.

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
Loki sleeps in his hut at night, otherwise is never in his cage at all. I have contemplated getting rid of the cage and just hang his hut somewhere...but then I figure that would be when he would do something bad and need to go to his cage (hasn't happened yet)

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
His old cage would make a really pretty decorative piece. Like planting something viney in it in the yard. You can sell it, they are popular for decorating purposes, because they are nice to look at.

They are funny though, not sure why so many used to be made. They are super tall and thin, most parrots only use the top so it's a bunch of wasted space, even discounting the fact that birds dont' like round cages.

The new one you are looking at should make him pretty happy.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
His old cage would make a really pretty decorative piece. Like planting something viney in it in the yard. You can sell it, they are popular for decorating purposes, because they are nice to look at.

They are funny though, not sure why so many used to be made. They are super tall and thin, most parrots only use the top so it's a bunch of wasted space, even discounting the fact that birds dont' like round cages.

The new one you are looking at should make him pretty happy.

Mine don't even like the square ones all that much if you're planning on closing the door on them... spoiled rotten birds!

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Mine don't even like the square ones all that much if you're planning on closing the door on them... spoiled rotten birds!

Ya, well mine either, lol. Mine are closed up at night though. My little flock just wants to follow the humans through the house all day long.

Most Reactions